Across the Board Ranking Drops...

Woke up this morning to find that all of my rankings for my primary keywords for my 10 products dropped significantly. In most cases these rankings had been stable for 3 or more months.

I've been selling on Amazon for a couple of years now and I have never seen anything like this.

Anybody else seeing this or has anybody else seen this in the past?

Comments

• Interesting (and sorry to hear that!). Haven't heard any chatter about Amazon changing their algorithms recently, so not sure what might be going on here.

Anyone else seeing major movement in their rankings recently (positive or negative)?
  • Starting to hear a lot more chatter about this now. The consensus seems to be that Amazon has definitely tinkered with their algorithms in the last few days, which has shaken up the rankings some.

But I also heard from a few sellers that they expect rankings to reset closer to normal within the next few days, which often happens after big algorithm changes. Would love to hear what others are seeing in their own rankings!
  • Hello everyone,

Personally I have noticed that there seems to be an algorithm change that has changed the rankings of many of our items. Most remained unchanged or had a slight improvement but a few for no reason what so ever took a huge jump in the rankings for the better.

We gained a lot of ground on a few sellers that give away a huge number of products for free. I am not sure if this is a coincidence or not.
  • Great discussion. Has anyone found a method to keep the listing hot after the first month of launch? Our products are on fire for the first month, then they drop all sudden. Reviews are still good, still ranked well, it's mind boggling.
    1. Amazon did change our title, even though it was under 200 characters to a horrible title. My theory is that every time they change your title, your listing re-sets, or something happens that hurts your conversions. We started to build steam up, then they changed the title again, and boom the product got killed again.

Thanks for any help!
  • hoperrhoperr
    edited July 2016
    I ve also noticed algo changes. Rankings dropped for many of the top keywords. Has anyone recovered from this?