Amazon Policy Warning referencing reviews

This morning i received a policy warning on our account that reads;

Hello,

We understand that you may have manipulated some product reviews. Sellers on Amazon.co.uk are not allowed to manipulate ratings, feedback, or reviews.

If this problem continues, we may not allow you to sell on Amazon.co.uk

To learn more about this policy, search for "Prohibited Seller Activities and Actions" in Seller Central Help.

Sincerely,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon Services

I believe this is with reference to a recent feedback that was received that reads;

Product had 5 star reviews, so I purchased confidently... Turned out product was not as described on arrival. On revisiting reviews, they were mostly paid for. When I looked at the history of these reviewers they only gave 5 stars to hundreds of products. Beware

Am i right in saying that seller performance have picked up on this feedback and this is the reason for the policy warning or does it go much deeper than this? We never push customers to leave glowing reviews just honest ones.

How shall i tackle this? Do i contact the buyer and ask kindly to remove? Reply to seller performance explaining that we do not manipulate reviews? Or just leave it?

My issue is that they say if the problem continues we may not allow you to sell on Amazon.

Looking forward to some advice.

Rob

Comments

• Leave it as it is. Contacting SP team may open a can of worms.

How many giveaway reviews you received during last several days?
  • as a percentage of sales we giveaway about 2% per day