Amazon's new Policy

CharlieCharlie
edited October 2016 in General
Ok Sellers, what is your take on the new policy from Amazon? No more "Incentivized" items.

Moderator Update: AMZ Tracker just published a post talking all about it here

https://www.amztracker.com/blog/amazon-review-update/

Comments

• Yeap... and there goes AMZ Tracker...
  • The owners wisely sold up and jumped ship a while ago. I think they knew there was a clock on this thing. The review club is pretty much done.
  • How this new policy effects EU marketplaces? As of now there no official policy change statement in EU...
  • EU Still ok as I already check with them
  • I'm sure Amz Tracker will do what Reviewkick is doing.. and that's still linking sellers to buyers, the buyers just aren't obligated to leave a review
  • I hopped back in to work with the AMZtracker team over the last 24 hours to dig into the new TOS and how to transition.

In the end it's not going to be the end of the world really. AMZtracker will still be used to help rank your products for keywords (via product promotions). So the most important benefits is still intact. Of course getting reviews will be more difficult, but that's secondary to keyword rankings.

Erik will be making a pretty cool announcement soon about it all.
    Hey Everyone, full of both happiness and sadness I have moved on from AMZ Tracker. If you need anything hit up Support@AMZtracker.com for help.
    Thanks!

Travis Jamison Supremacy SEO's Link Building Service

• Looks like they just published the post:

https://www.amztracker.com/blog/amazon-review-update/
    Hey Everyone, full of both happiness and sadness I have moved on from AMZ Tracker. If you need anything hit up Support@AMZtracker.com for help.
    Thanks!

• @Travis_Jamison Would sellers be more apt to give items to folks that have recent reviews and a decent quantity and quality of reviews? Seems that there are a lot of folks that just want the freebies and won't even come close to reviewing. Even though reviewing is not required, I as a reviewer, would continue to review out of good faith. Unless AMZ changes the TOS again. :)
  • @Travis_Jamison What is going to happen for Amazon UK, DE FR? I'm mainly selling in Amazon EU and the review club is working great in EU market even there are very small amount of reviewers.
  • Ton said:

@Travis_Jamison What is going to happen for Amazon UK, DE FR? I'm mainly selling in Amazon EU and the review club is working great in EU market even there are very small amount of reviewers.

Europe will follow the US soon I'm sure. AMZtracker is going ahead and making the changes there now as well.
    Thanks!