Money off promotion has been removed from Amazon.

Dear Seller,

Greetings for the day!! We are glad to be associated with you and we hope you have an amazing selling experience on Amazon.

I am Adhok from the Seller Support Team and I’m writing this email in response to your query. I have understood your concern and I am here to help you with that.

Considering your query, I would like to bring to your notice that, Money off promotion has been removed by our business team, and only Percentage off is present now. Earlier both the options were provided, but because of Amazon policy only Percentage off can be used for promotion.

If you would like to run a dollars-off promotion (without a promotion code needed), you can do so by adjusting an item's Sale Price using the Edit option on the Manage Inventory page.

If you had set up an Amount-off promotion before November 9, 2016, it will still run. But if you need to change the promotion, you would have to cancel it and set up a Percent-off promotion to replace it.

The maximum discounts Amazon allows for a promotion are 99% off via a Percent-off promotion, or an item price of 1 cent using Sale Price in the Manage Inventory tools.

For example, if you wish to give a $10 off on an item that costs $100, you may offer a 10% discount which accounts to the same.

You may like to convert the amount into percentage of the total product cost.

We understand that a sudden change in our policies and platforms sometimes makes you feel alien to the usage of it.

Before, I only used Money off option to create promotions in order to prevent reviewers from purchasing a large number of a particular item. What should I do now based on the new policy? Thanks.

Comments

• @vsign86 Thanks for your message.

We recently published a post about How to Set Your Max Order Quantity, following this change from Amazon about their promo codes.

You can check it out here
  • Hi, there are many categories ( for example Clothing Template File) dose not have "Max_Order_Quantity" tab. What we should do with those categories? Thanks.
  • @AMZ Tracker Hi, there are many categories ( for example Clothing Template File) dose not have "Max_Order_Quantity" tab. What we should do with those categories? Thanks.
  • EcomTomEcomTom
    edited December 2016
    @vsign86 Hey, I had the same issue with products in certain categories. I found a solution, although it needs some work, the MAX tool from seller labs is free and worked with setting max order quantity limits on all of my products https://max.sellerlabs.com