Opinions about Tomoson?

shatwoshatwo
edited July 2015 in Amazon SEO
Hi, we are a new Amazon seller of Dietary Supplements.

To start up our reviews, we used Tomoson, and honestly it had been very time consuming and frustrating for us. Kind of terrible even.

We got a few reviews, but our biggest problems were:

1) It's very time consuming! We have one literally person all day doing this.
2) The quality of the reviews are very bad.
3) Not all the reviewers actually leave a review, so we have like 20 or 30% of that.

I am wondering if it's us, or if you had similar problems.

Thanks!

Charly

A Note From The Admin:

Since this thread was started the AMZ Tracker team released The Amazon Review Club. If you've been using Tomoson for your Amazon reviews you are going to be blown away with how much better and cheaper our solution is :smiley:

Thanks!

Comments

• Charly,

We used it and got some good reviews, not the ratios we were looking for. We only selected the bloggers that did not charge a fee for a review = only free ones that also ran a give away on their blog.

Wonder how the paid ones will do? Can just as well buy reviews then.

Would like to hear other members experience on Tomoson.

Regards,

Pierre
  • Agree. There should be easier ways. Can we not open a joined facebook page among us with the aim to get customers to get free samples on the condition to leave a review. There is some close groups that do that at the moment. If we can start one in this community we can all benefit from that. With pooling all our expertise we should get some fans/reviewers quickly to be eager to leave reviews, especially if we invite friends in our own fb network to join.... Just a thought.
  • Just a quick caveat...Amazon knows who their regular reviewers are, and of course, who their sellers are. If they see a small group of people repeatedly reviewing the same sellers' products, it sends up a red flag, and you could get your listings or even your accounts banned. Be careful.
  • edited May 2015
    Awful experiences with Tomoson reviews. Many Tomoson reviewers left junk reviews, could hardly spell, some returned the free product for a full refund (somehow). This is on top of perhaps the worst interface I've seen on any of these sites. Its a mess. Glad AMZtracker have introduced reviews!
  • I signed up with Tomoson the other day, and also found the interface time consuming and confusing. Seemed like anyone with a decent size following wanted to be paid, and the free ones had only a handful of subscribers.
  • edited June 2015
    Adding one thing here, Tomoson started blowing up and spamming my phone as soon as they got my number. Dedicated sales team!
  • I've found that if you offer enough promotions people will ask you to promote via their review group. Most people I've spoken with don't charge and the groups are pretty big (several hundred people usually) so you can get some good bang for your buck and you don't have to deal with sending people promo codes all day. Response rates are never going to be 100% but you can probably count on 70-80% if you have a good product that resonates with people.
  • edited June 2015
    So I just finished up with the latest SCOE conference, and Tomoson was a topic that I heard spoken of a lot.

Right now it seems that the general consensus is that Tomoson reviews are NOT the way to go if you're just looking for Amazon Reviews. Obviously the AMZ Tracker Review Club is the way to go for all Amazon reviews :), or even something like Snagshout if you don't mind paying more.

But... Tomoson does still seem like the way to go if you are wanting bloggers to write about your product on their blogs. I don't expect too many people to every actually read these things, but they can make for some backlinks for your pages if you're looking for that. Note* It's not what I would ever actually use, but for a few people it's probably useful.

Overall...

tomoson review

• LOL. Just received this email from Tomoson:
    Jeff Foster [email protected]

Do you want more reviews on Amazon? Do you NOT want to spend the time needed to manage the entire process? If you send out 50+ products a month, Tomoson now offers a very popular managed review solution; starting at $799 a month.

Interested? Please email me back or send me your phone number and I will call you right back.

Thanks,

Jeff Foster
    7204 W. 27th Street, Suite 220, Minneapolis MN 55426
    $799 A Month for Amazon reviews. Really. REALLY???

AMZ Tracker FOR THE WIN!

• kiwionekiwione
    edited June 2015
    I know I got that too!! That is insane!!!! I was even taken aback by Snagshouts $5 PER customer who orders. Yikes.
  • constantineconstantine ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    @kiwione Snagshout is not the most expensive solution out there... many charge $10 per review... more so, even hired South Asian help from Elance etc would quote in the neihbourhood of $5-10 per verified review... but they can't even do it properly with FBA - they make fake purchases of merchant-fulfilled orders... AMZ system (or similar :)) is the best bang for buck...
  • LOL. Just received this email from Tomoson:

Jeff Foster [email protected]

Do you want more reviews on Amazon? Do you NOT want to spend the time needed to manage the entire process? If you send out 50+ products a month, Tomoson now offers a very popular managed review solution; starting at $799 a month.

Interested? Please email me back or send me your phone number and I will call you right back.

Thanks,

Jeff Foster
    7204 W. 27th Street, Suite 220, Minneapolis MN 55426
    $799 A Month for Amazon reviews. Really. REALLY???

AMZ Tracker FOR THE WIN!

I got this email too,someone who will use this service must be crazy.
  • I've read everything people are saying about Tomoson. I've used them and other services like Tomoson in the past to receive reviews. There seems to be a lot of negative comments but I have had the opposite experience. I agree that they had some growing pains especially when ASM4/5 started using them.

I use their managed service and the customer service rep is awesome. He eliminates and refers bloggers that will provide the best quality reviews and I think he has my best interest at heart. It's not FREE but I gain back hours each day on screening and replying to bloggers.

Many bloggers dropped off when they changed their policies and made the bloggers pay for the products they were reviewing. Many bloggers received products for free in the past. I usually sell the product for $3. Most bloggers will provide a quality unbiased review.

I have received emails from AMZ review networks in the past that guarantee 5 star reviews. Tomoson is not that kind of network. I also know that I will get a good quality review. I usually get a few paragraphs not "it's great" or "awesome product"

There are times when I need help and I can get immediate access to my rep. via Skype or at times I even get a video message.

I have to agree that their platform is a little tough to navigate. They have assured me that they are working on a new system.

I think they were stuck in the middle as a massive amount of new AMZ sellers were contacting them while AMZ was changing the rules.

Sorry to ramble, I just wanted to give you my experience.