Listing titles restrictions. How to go around them?

Hey all.

Amazon seems to be getting on cleaning up SEO-rich titles. I just adjusted a listing for a an active product and it was blocked immidiately from front end. FBA inventory started showing "no listing exists".

Here we are discussing researching keywords and making sure they are added to the title, but Amazon polices titles to only include certain points. Any suggestions?

Here is what Amazon told me today:

Amazon:1- I would like to let you know that this title is not meeting the style guide for the 'Home and Kitchen category'.
2-In order to make this listing active, I request you to update the title of the product and kindly remove the 'BPA FREE' text from the title and follow the below format:
(Brand) + (Pattern Name/Material) + (Product Type) + (Model Number (if applicable)), + (Size/Style) + (Set Quantity) + (Color)
3-Once you make these changes and update, your ASIN will be active in your inventory in 24-48 hours after updation.
4- Also, you may refer to the below given link for more information:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help-page.html/ref=ag_200301780_cont_scsearch?ie=UTF8&itemID=200301780
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html/ref=ag_200301800_cont_200301780?ie=UTF8&itemID=200301800&language=en_US

Comments

  • Damn! So it was an automatic block? First I've heard of this.

    It might even be very similar to when you could embed images for products. As long as you never edit them you can keep them, but the minute you decide to edit you'll have to remove them from then on out.
  • Yes, @Travis_Jamison, it was automatic and instant... So yes, you need to create long keywordy title from the start and even that is not guaranteed...
  • Just had an automatic block - Seller Support were a little unaware as to what the reason was. The block status on the seller support end said violation of trademark issue, but as I didnt get a notification from seller performance, another Seller Support agent stated it was probably due to editing my keywords - which is when it happened.

    Apparently Amazon review takes 2-4 business days, however, I have known it to take up to 14days.

    I am assuming it was the keywords in the title as opposed to the keywords inserted into the backend fields.
Sign In or Register to comment.