Scoping out competition question

What do you all think of an item, where the top 5 selling has over 500 reviews, with 2 over 1000+. Also, where 80% of the first page is basically filled with these top 5 items, just with different sizes and colors? Should I be moving on to another category?

Thanks!

Comments

• SammySammy ✭✭
    Maybe - Keep in mind to compete you'll need a fair bit of money to get the reviews and compete / rank - but there is a big demand I'm guessing.

Bad thing is they are likely doing the exact same tactics you will - reviews, giveaways.
    If you're actually innovating and making a new product... and doing something different then that's a different story though

But If it's got an Alibaba supplier with the exact same photo's and every Amazon seller is just adding a brand name onto it.. I'd move on

Look at these examples for Crossfit Jump Ropes, these fit the review counts you mentioned.
    AMAZON - ALIBABA

This is just off the top of my head... but If it's anything like that I'd stay away....

• Yeah, that is what I'm primarily concerned with. Needing to have a large enough capital to do enough giveaways and get reviews. The top 5 selling are all under 2,000 BSR, it could be profitable if I can get manage to get the first run of giveaways going. Question is how many I guess.

About the example you gave, wow talk about saturation!