Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using PPC with Super URL

Anyone really leveraging super URL besides amazon reviewers?

I know Super URL can be used with PPC but am worried that
1) tracking won't be great...
2) people click and click through the product without buying (so now not only do I lose PPC bids but also ruined my conversion rate)

Comments

• I use the Super URL in PPC a LOT!

Your worries are legitimate though, so I'll let you know what I do.

1) There is no tracking. So you have to make sure that the phrases you bid on are HYPER relevant.

2) It's all about the "buying keywords". The keywords with the highest commercial intent.

Taking the example from that link, if I had a natural supplement for depression, I would NEVER bid on the term "depression" in Google PPC. Instead I would bid on a select niche group of keywords like "natural depression supplement", "natural depression treatment", "vitamins for depression" etc.

Or if it's something more utility based like a wine glasses. I wouldn't bid on "wine glasses". I would use "buy wine glasses online" "buy wine glasses Amazon", etc.

Using these phrases we would most likely have a much higher conversion rate, and given enough time you can see a correlation between sales and the PPC running.

As for conversion rate, sales always trumps conversion rates. If the sales are awesome it won't matter as much in my experience.
  • SammySammy ✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Travis explained this to me well and it works, I thought I knew what converts from my my e-com stores adword campaigns, but you need to get super relevant with traffic to Amazon.

I've since laser focused my Adwords PPC with only very very specific keywords or buying keywords.

One that surprised me was "kw + Amazon" people searching google to purchase off amazon

Do a keywordtool.io search for your kw + amazon - you'll get a decent list.

Others that I'm using:
    'product name + exact style of product + Buy/Amazon/Online/Purchase/Shop/Get'

A lot of these are super low volume, so I use some modified broad match and exact match

• Here is my silly question,where can i use my super url to drive traffic? thanks
  • Hey @amy not a silly question.

You can use your Super URL to drive traffic from anywhere that targeted visitors who might purchase your product would be.

Examples:
    • Google PPC
    • Bing/Yahoo PPC
    • In the description of YouTube videos
    • Your blog
    • Social media
    • Forum posts
    • etc
    Cheers
  • SammySammy ✭✭
    @Travis_Jamison Does Bing have different rules to adwords with destination / final url not matching the display URL?

I had trouble using it there - just ended up generating a super url manually for each ad.
  • @sammy
    Yes it does. It's a bit of a pain to figure out, but once you know it's easy.

1) You can't just make the "display URL" be Amazon.com. It has to be something else. amazon.com/yourproduct or amazon.com/keyword.
    - Note, somethings I have to play with capitalization/no-capitalization in order to get it to work.

2) You will have to request an exemption to use the "Amazon" trademark. For the reason I just put "the product is on Amazon so I must put that URL" and it always gets approved within 24 hours.

That's about it though.
  • gobiggobig
    edited June 2015
    Anyone use an Amazon associates affiliate link for tracking? I've seen some sellers doing this.

Reading mixed information on whether or not it's frowned upon. Personally I don't bother with it, but if it's fair game, it would be a good way to track.

• I see some sellers doing it too, I would just never risk it with PPC. Sounds like a great way to get your Google Adwords account shut down FOREVER. They don't play! And since it's Google they know every other alias you could ever think of using.
  • I agree from experience on the conversion rate vs sales. We had a reddit post go viral and had 155,000 hits to a product over a few days. Conversion was only 0.02%, but it started ranking well as we were suddenly getting 5 sales a day. Didnt seem to hurt at account level that it was converting so badly either, even though our overall account conversion rates tanked as well.
  • Hello been trying for a while to create Google PPC ads for my super URL , but my ads are being rejected by Ad-words stating Inaccurate display URL. What is the proper way of running ads for the Super URL.?
  • Isn't the worry using GADWORDS etc & driving traffic to your amazon listing & the clicker of the ad not buying your product detrimental to its natural ranking on Amazon?

Or am I looking at this the wrong way and being too cautious?
  • Hello been trying for a while to create Google PPC ads for my super URL , but my ads are being rejected by Ad-words stating Inaccurate display URL. What is the proper way of running ads for the Super URL.?

Adwords unfortunately changed things so you can't use these anymore. Bing PPC still works fine with them though.
    NO-Label said:

Isn't the worry using GADWORDS etc & driving traffic to your amazon listing & the clicker of the ad not buying your product detrimental to its natural ranking on Amazon?

Or am I looking at this the wrong way and being too cautious?

Just being too cautious :smile: Conversion rate is important we believe, but having more sales is SO MUCH MORE important than a decreased conversion rate. More sales always means higher rankings.
  • Millions of people use their smart phones for searching out shows the products and information. That’s why the smart business owners have already started to target these people for buying their products using the online platforms. Digital marketing has become extremely affordable. The services like SEO and Adwords Marketing can be used by any kind of organization.