Google SEO - Is it worth it ?

garethgareth
edited July 2015 in Amazon SEO
Hi Guys

I am thinking of doing some SEO for my Amazon product pages - and wondered is it worth the time and money ??

If I manage to get my listing high up in Google can I drive some good sales volumes OR Will I end up creating sales for my Competitors ??

What about creating a SUPER URL will that only show my product in the BUY BOX and none of my competitors ??

Can anyone help here ??

Tagged:

Comments

• edited September 2015
    If you don't own the product it's probably not worth it, unless you control the buy-box 80-90% of the time.

I do huge amounts of (Google) SEO for my Amazon pages, but since I'm the manufacturer it makes perfect sense. I own the buy-box no matter what.

You cannot rank a Super URL. It's just not possible, as the canonical URL will be set to the main page, not a Super.
  • If you don't own the product it's probably not worth it, unless you control the buy-box 80-90% of the time.

I do huge amounts of (Google) SEO for my Amazon pages, but since I'm the manufacturer it makes perfect sense. I own the buy-box no matter what.

You cannot rank a Super URL. It's just not possible, as the canonical URL will be set to the main page, not a Super.

Hi Travis

So do you just do link building to your amazon product page?
  • Sure do. Quality link building is always best, but you have a little more lenience with Amazon since it's already such a high authority website. You can frequently get away with a little more lower quality linking tactics.
  • Can you go into any more detail on the linking strategies you've employed for your listings? We are trying to rank our product pages organically but we're nervous about building a link wheel or pyramid because we don't want it to be penalized. Do you do blog comments? Social bookmarking? Where do you focus your efforts without giving away your secrets? :smile:
  • BDS said:

Can you go into any more detail on the linking strategies you've employed for your listings? We are trying to rank our product pages organically but we're nervous about building a link wheel or pyramid because we don't want it to be penalized. Do you do blog comments? Social bookmarking? Where do you focus your efforts without giving away your secrets? :smile:

Find some bloggers to review your product and link back to the listing, kill two birds with one stone.