Do backlinks affect amazon seo (within Amazon search engine)

Do backlinks to an Amazon listing contribute to higher rankings inside Amazon's search engine?

How much of a ranking factor is this?
Tagged:

Comments

• As far as a direct correlation I highly doubt it.

In an indirect way it can help though, simply because it may rank in Google, which can bring direct sales. A lot of sellers also put out regular press releases, since a press release will frequently show up in the top of Google SERPS for a few days, or in Google news, which will bring users to your Amazon page.

Personally, I rank all of my Amazon listings in Google. Piggy-backing off of Amazon's authority makes ranking these pages much easier than ranking your own websites.
    Hey Everyone, full of both happiness and sadness I have moved on from AMZ Tracker. If you need anything hit up Support@AMZtracker.com for help.
    Thanks!

Travis Jamison Supremacy SEO's Link Building Service

• SammySammy ✭✭
    Awesome thanks for that @Travis_Jamison , still trying to get my head around all the differences between Amazon and Google Seo.

How aggressive are you in ranking your Amazon pages in google, do Amazon pages ever get google slapped because of spammy links?
  • edited March 2016
    @sammy The aggressiveness level depends on what you feel comfortable with. Since I own a (Google) SEO service as well I have an unfair advantage, so we usually stick with white-ish methods since we can do it at scale more easily than most. We also try and add in any Google on-page SEO optimizations that we can add to the Amazon listing (most of this is already done from optimizing for Amazon search though)

Getting more aggressive (grey hat SEO) can be ok if you're ok with a little more risk (I do this too sometimes). Amazon pages are less likely to get penalized in Google, but it's not impossible. Luckily there is the sweet ability to just change your Title in Amazon and it will usually reset your canonical-url to a new one.

This in effect kind of lets you shake a penalty really quickly.
    Hey Everyone, full of both happiness and sadness I have moved on from AMZ Tracker. If you need anything hit up Support@AMZtracker.com for help.
    Thanks!

• Oh Yeah - SEO Time, My Favorite.

I've smashed out some backlinks for my Amazon Listing. What I have done in the past is hired some cheap fiverr gigs (carefully chosen variety of links) and I haven't had a problem with any penalties. But you have to be really really targeted towards your niche. One method is to find out in your order's list where all of the purchases are coming from, which geographic location. So if a lot of the orders are coming from California or New York, I start ranking for those geographic keywords.

This is what I have done in the past but rank within your own terms & risk!!! =)

• SammySammy ✭✭
    @toekn33cow
    Interesting about adding the geo specific keywords into the listing, my geo KW searches always are my highest converting KWs for my e-com site - pretty close to a buying keyword.

To clarify - you're trying to rank in Google for "KW + New york" or rank within Amazon search aswell.
    (I guess it would effect both actually...?)
    Cheers,
    Sam
  • edited April 2015
    Oh Just google, amazon is open to everywhere in US...if i was only targeting 'New York' buyers in amazon I will be losing a lot of potential buyers. Bare in mind, Fiverr gigs are very crap, they will be de-indexed very fast...
  • null
    I've been looking for quality back link service. How can I locate and pay for your SEO service, @Travis_Jamison ? I have several listings and growing at 3+ monthly
  • do you recommend doing link building using the super URL or with the direct link ?
  • gky said:

do you recommend doing link building using the super URL or with the direct link ?

Direct. You MUST use the canonical URL for link building.

null

I've been looking for quality back link service. How can I locate and pay for your SEO service, @Travis_Jamison ? I have several listings and growing at 3+ monthly

Sorry @Mike_Danford just saw this. You can check out the details of the link building service here.
    Thanks!