Amazon deleting reviews from giveaway products?

I've read a number of times recently that Amazon has been removing reviews written by people who got their product through a free or $1.00 promotion. Oz Naturals had this happen for sure as I got an email from them asking me to repost my review. Is there a way to avoid this?

Comments

• Hey @carole this is a great topic.

We have seen this as well, several times. We believe the issue is that most reviewers do not disclose that they received the product for a discount. And a lot of sellers do not want this information shared on their product page.

We see that if the discount is disclosed in the review that there is a very low chance of the review getting pulled by amazon. You can see here in the amazon TOS under the point for "full disclosure" http://www.amazon.com/gp/community-help/customer-reviews-guidelines

We ask our reviewers in the review club to disclose that they received a discount by default. If you would like to keep that private and not disclose it you can ask the reviewer in the "note to reviewer" field in the dashboard.

Has anyone had a disclosed review pulled by amazon?
  • I've had a small few deleted even if they disclosed that they received a review. BUT... it's very rare this way. I see it as just the cost of doing business.

Hey Everyone, full of both happiness and sadness I have moved on from AMZ Tracker. If you need anything hit up Support@AMZtracker.com for help.
    Thanks!

Travis Jamison Supremacy SEO's Link Building Service

• Hi @Travis_Jamison ,

I have been giving away some of my products on your review club for free. Does this in anyway violate amazons TOS? I have heard that amazon has erased reviews from those reviewing products for free and not having to pay anything at checkout.
  • edited April 2015
    Hey @Scott Prentice Amazon's TOS states:
    "Full disclosure: If you received a free product in exchange for your review, please clearly and conspicuously disclose that that you received the product free of charge."

So The Review Club is completely within Amazons TOS.

By default, every promo code that you send to a reviewer comes with this message:

"Please disclose in your review that you received this product in exchange for a review."

You can choose to delete this though, if you don't want any Amazon users knowing that these were in exchange for a review.

The Non-BS Lowdown:
    Most of these reviews stick, occasionally some will get deleted though. It appears to more or less be up to the Amazon employee who is patrolling. Technically if a reviewer has disclosed this then it should not be deleted. Every once in a while they will delete them anyway, but it's not common.

Even the reviews where they don't add the disclosure, most of those will usually stay as well. The more competitive and spammy the niche, the more the reviews will get deleted. "Garcinia" will probably lose more reviews than "shoe polish".

All in all, it's usually not much to worry about, but don't be surprised if you have to add more from time to time. It's just part of the game IMO, and it's definitely worth it.
    Hey Everyone, full of both happiness and sadness I have moved on from AMZ Tracker. If you need anything hit up Support@AMZtracker.com for help.
    Thanks!

• How do I join the Review club? I am a product seller who is also willing to giveaway some product and give mutual reviews.
  • Hey @JLife15

If you want to put products on the review club, then just be a member of AMZ Tracker. If you want to give reviews, sign up at https://AMZReviewTrader.com

Cheers!
    Thanks!