Help! I lost all my inventory!

DonLDonL
edited July 2015 in General
I ran a promotion and authorized 100 vouchers. BIG problem: my inventory of over 1000 units sold out in one day for $1 each. I know that I can't go back and fix this, but I did something wrong in setting this up on Amazon, and I would like to know what I did wrong so that I can run more promotions without this rather disastrous result. If someone can help me on this, I will be very appreciative.

Comments

• Perhaps you did not uncheck "Detail page display text" - It is checked by default when you make promo's. Failing to uncheck would make your promo code available to anyone who sees your Amazon page.
  • edited November 2015
    leo77 said:

Perhaps you did not uncheck "Detail page display text" - It is checked by default when you make promo's. Failing to uncheck would make your promo code available to anyone who sees your Amazon page.

It's very very very unfortunate, but this is what you did :(
    You can see it in the video here and on our one time use promo code guide.

I'm very sorry to hear this!

For anyone else reading, this is what your page should look like.
    Amazon detail page display text

Notice the "detail page display text" is UNCHECKED! After that you MUST create single use promo codes (Don't use the generic claim code shown on this page either, create one-time use codes).

• Thanks for letting me know about this. I had seen the video and should have know better. A lesson learned the hard way!
  • Hey here is the possible good news though!
    When I was just starting out I made this mistake too. After I got back in stock though my sales were through the roof! Still till this day it's one of my best selling products, and if I hadn't made that mistake I would have never of made this product work.
  • I done this too...Never completely sold out though as I caught it. But it defo helped with sales since then and really boosted my rankings and sales. Contact everyone of those people and ask nicely for a great review. I did and get a good response. Plead your case.