Spreading Out Vouchers Over The Month A Good idea?

I have a double barreled Question. If I am going to give out say 40 vouchers per month, is it better to stagger them over the month...say, 10,10,10,10. Does this help with ranking, making it more natural to amazon ?

Plus. I placed 10 vouchers about 24 hours ago into AMZ and only 2 takers so far. I done 20 vouchers last month and they were about 30 people in the queue after only a few hours. Is this normal and is there anything I can do to change this?

Thanks in advance.

Martin.

Ps.. I looked for similar posts. my apologies if this has already been covered.

Comments

• Hey Martin,
    IMO spreading them out is better than all at once. Personally if I was giving away 40 I would shrink it down to about 2.5 weeks. If it's an easy niche spreading it out over 1 month would be just fine.

As for the takers, they will come. Just give it more time.

Cheers!
  • Thanks Travis...
  • My product is brand new and I only have 247 total units so the most I can give way is 70 for $1 as I need to sell the rest at full price to make some profit and increase my inventory to 500 for the next round. I'm in a competitive category (Beauty › Skin Care › Face › Creams & Moisturizers › Day Creams). I'm not sure how to proceed for my best chance to rank well to spur on organic sales. Any thoughts?
  • Hi Scadayton...Im about 4-5 months in now and we have learned a lot (still a long way to go) I started with around same as you and had same idea as you..Im in same category etc. Its defo a process and rank spikes and goes up and down in a crazy way sometimes..

Just try to steadily giveaway 2/3 vouchers perday if thats your budget.. I find those steady sales keeps your rank up at there enough to gain traction/ organic sales..

And also.. I now realize those first couple inventory restocks should be looked at as more of an investment in good reviews and really building your rep.

Obviously you can still make profit, but getting those reviews should be priority over a big profit..(In my opinion) Loads of reviews and your pretty much set.

Also check out the Amazon PPC discussion. I just spent an hour reading comments etc and have learned a wealth of info.

Going to totally cancel my current duff campaigns and follow that post to the letter!

Good luck my friend.

• Hoganeye -- which Amazon PPC discussion are you referring to? I only found one titled with PPC and it was a 5 minute read, so wondering where the long discussion is.
    Thanks,

Brian
    PPCScope
    ppcscope.com helps me to read campaign reports
  • hoganeye said:

And also.. I now realize those first couple inventory restocks should be looked at as more of an investment in good reviews and really building your rep.

Obviously you can still make profit, but getting those reviews should be priority over a big profit..(In my opinion) Loads of reviews and your pretty much set.

Yes!

great2bme said:

Hoganeye -- which Amazon PPC discussion are you referring to? I only found one titled with PPC and it was a 5 minute read, so wondering where the long discussion is.
    Thanks,

Some Amazon PPC Discussions:
    - Amazon PPC Guide
    - Can't Spend enough with Amazon PPC

• @great2bme sorry for the very late reply...I would need to search now.. Not sure if it was named exactly that.