On-Page Analyzer - Key Features + How to Use

AMZTrackerAMZTracker admin
edited November 2015 in AMZ Tracker Tools

On-Page Analyzer

AMZ Tracker

With the On-Page Analyzer, you can quickly gauge whether or not your product pages are set up for success, or whether they need some work. Instead of spending hours on your listings counting keywords and comparing with your competitors, the On-Page Analyzer lets you see all this information with just one click.

What does it do exactly?

The AMZ Tracker's On-Page Analyzer knows which factors on your page contribute to your amazon ranking and it scrapes your product listings to show you areas of improvement so you can quickly implement changes and increase your product's ranking asap.

How do I set it up?

1. To get started, click over to the On-Page Analyzer section of your account - do this by clicking the 'eye' in the top right corner of the navigation bar.
2. Copy and paste the URL for your product to analyze, or select from your existing products being tracked by choosing from the dropdown menu.
3. The keywords you're tracking in the rank tracker are automatically pulled, but feel free to add more in the list on the right.
4. Click “Add Products” button and wait about 30 seconds. Refresh the page if you don't see your product pulling into the page after a couple minutes.

How do I use it?

Once your product has been added to the on-page analyzer it should appear in the list of products on your page. To see the results click the product to expand the data for your page. Look at your on-page summary and pay attention to anything with a red "X" next to it. These are areas where your listing needs improvement.

Looking at the page summary, you can see recommendations for each element of your listing, and to the left the information from your page.

How to Optimize:

Keywords: At the bottom of your summary is the listing of all your chosen keywords, and whether or not they appear in your Title, Bullet Points & Product Description. Note: They should each appear in all of these!

---Tip: Keywords should include all the variations of a word, and the longtail version if possible.
---Ex: laptop stand, laptop stands, elevated laptop stand, notebook computer stands
---Ex: pure garcinia cambogia extract < -- longtail keyword

Bullet Points: Each listing can have up to 5 bullet points, and we recommend using all of them. Tip: Using all caps in the first sentence of each bullet point makes it easier for customers to absorb the main benefits while quickly scanning your page.

Images: Each listing can have up to 6, and we recommend having as many as possible.

High Res Images: These are the images that expand when customers hover over the image. Customers like these, amazon likes these, and so do we. Each listing should have at least 2, but if you can have more, even better.

Product Rating: To improve your ranking, having a rating of 4 or more stars is necessary. Check out our Negative Review Tracker to stay on top of these.

# of Reviews: For some industries, 15 is enough to boost your ranking, while in others you'll need closer to 100 to make an impact. We recommend 15 as a baseline.

Characters in Description: Since you're looking to squeeze in your keywords and provide enough information for consumers, 1000 characters is a good starting point to help your page rank.

Fulfilled by Amazon: We recommend using FBA as you'll notice almost all the top ranking products do. Amazon naturally wants these listing to rise to the top and so they do.

On-Page Analyzer in Action:

Looking at the example above, we see that this seller only has 1 bullet point, when they can (and should) use up to 5.

We also can see that they're only showing 2 images, when the recommended # is 6.

Notice that they keywords section is lacking as well. Since they're not utilizing all of their bullet points, or meeting the recommended 1000 character descriptions, they're missing out on good opportunities to use their keywords.

For a deeper dive, check out the tutorial below:

Comments

• Hi Travis
    I can't find the way for automatic keyword sugestion for a listing i choose. Based on the ASIN
    Is there a way to see which keywords are auto sugested for tracking? Or I have to pick them mannualy?
    Thanks in advance
  • edited March 2015
    All you need to do is track a few "starter keywords" that you know of, and then the autosuggest will help you out from there.

Here is an animated GIF demo for you (might take a few seconds to load):

Amazon keyword tool
    Hey Everyone, full of both happiness and sadness I have moved on from AMZ Tracker. If you need anything hit up Support@AMZtracker.com for help.
    Thanks!

Travis Jamison Supremacy SEO's Link Building Service

• Thanks a lot
  • It has been mentioned in the ASM forums that we should not repeat any keywords in our title, description, etc. with the tool that evaluates our listings which I think is great doesn't really say if you agree with that concept or not, or perhaps I missed it.
  • Hey @dgreenwood we don't actually agree with that concept. Those guys know a lot, but I prefer to copy what the people in the top spots of the most competitive niches do. And in this case, they use the keywords in ALL of the available spaces.
    It's what I do as well, and it works perfectly.
    Hey Everyone, full of both happiness and sadness I have moved on from AMZ Tracker. If you need anything hit up Support@AMZtracker.com for help.
    Thanks!

• Hi Guys, just signed up for an account (currently in the one week trial) but notice that the on page analyser isn't available for me. IS that the case with trial accounts?
    There is no "eye" icon either.
    Thanks!
  • Hey @mjessimy just checked your account and it looks like you found it :smile:
    We changed the interface up a bit to make it easier.

Cheers!
    Thanks!

• yeah found it after a little tinkering :)
  • I can't get the on page optimiser to work. I keep refreshing it and, I get a message that says about Analysing your product, won't be long. I am in UK so wondering if it's a problem with the subtle differences across the Amazon platforms. I've inserted a screenshot so you can see.

• edited April 2015
    @NeilRockliffe Hmmm... I just checked a UK listing to be sure nothing was broken and it worked ok.
    Can you please private message me your email associated with your account. Thanks!
    Thanks!

• I PMd you....
  • I'm having a problem with YouTube tutorial blocking the Listing optimization form. Plus, I don't see a dashboard with an eye but do see one to the left of the page. I am in trial period. Can someone help me? Thanks!
  • @marti21866 The menu has moved to the left in a recent update to AMZ Tracker. The menu option which says "On Page Analyzer" is the one you want.