Strange seller requests - leave review within 3 days; don't say the item was free; vote on reviews

Recently I requested an item and the seller said in the 'special instructions' to leave a review within 3 days of receiving the item, as opposed to the typical 10 days. Normally this wouldn't bother me because I always leave my reviews quickly, but this item I requested isn't something that can be reviewed in under 3 days. Without telling what the exact item is (I'd like the seller to remain anonymous), I guess you could say that it's sort of similar to a supplement or beauty care product in the sense that the results won't be instant. You need to use the product everyday for at least a full week to see an effect. So with that said, will I get in trouble/banned if I take longer than 3 days, but still less than 10 days? I really can't write an 'honest review' of a product like this in less time.

Secondly, there was another item I requested awhile ago where the seller asked reviewers *not* to disclose we got the item for free in exchange for a review. The seller was very adamant that we leave this out... This is against Amazon's TOS, right? I left it in my review anyway because I didn't want to get in trouble with Amazon.

Third, this didn't happen to me, but it happened to a friend. The seller asked him to mark 3 positive reviews as helpful and 2 negative reviews as unhelpful. Is this also against Amazon's TOS? It seems really sketchy. Can sellers tell which reviewers are doing this? If they can't, I'd rather just not do this sort of thing if I'm ever asked to. It feels wrong.

Should we just ignore weird requests like these?

Comments

• Sounds like some shady sellers.
  • Ignore the seller. Always put a disclosure.
    Hey Everyone, full of both happiness and sadness I have moved on from AMZ Tracker. If you need anything hit up Support@AMZtracker.com for help.
    Thanks!

Travis Jamison Supremacy SEO's Link Building Service

• 1. Not putting a disclosure WILL get you banned from Amazon reviewing.
    2. AMZ gives you 10 days to leave a review if you are not able to leave a complete review (product results) I would review the features that you can like textures, smells, etc. After you have been able to see the results go back and add an update.
    3. Up voting and down voting upon request WILL get you banned. Amazon considers it review manipulation and that is against the TOS.

I hope this helps :)
  • ZetaZeta ✭✭
    Yeah that violates a number of Amazon's policies and I would ignore them.
  • Travis, What are you doing about reviewers who are just taking products and no leaving reviews. Shouldn't you have a way to curb this. We love the reviewers that meet their end of the bargain and would love to work with them only.
  • Kind of dumb of the seller to not want a disclosure, because there's a good chance Amazon will just delete those reviews.
  • ZetaZeta ✭✭
    king said:

Travis, What are you doing about reviewers who are just taking products and no leaving reviews. Shouldn't you have a way to curb this. We love the reviewers that meet their end of the bargain and would love to work with them only.

Are you sure they are not leaving reviews? There's a few issues with the site leaving the link your review button to disappear and there's also the issue with reviews with pictures/videos taking a few days to be approved.
  • Also, some items take much longer to review than others - skincare products for example take a little bit to know whether or not the item will cause a reaction or breakout, etc. So add that to the day or two that Amazon has been known to take to approve a review, and it may seem as if nothing is happening even when the reviewer is working their tail off on their end.
  • Some items take ages to arrive. I have some things that are scheduled out a month for delivery. Ridiculous. I have had this happen on a few occasions. Then I get emails from the sellers asking for reviews and the items have yet to even show up.
  • kingking
    edited August 2015
    Are there any guidelines in place by AMzreview to remind reviewers to review. before i signed up i thought the stars meant this reviewer has been reviewed by sellers as someone whose reviewer you can count on. I agree with some of your view. some item do take time to receive and review but some do not.
  • kingking
    edited August 2015
    i saw a reviewer use or coupon code to buy 3 item. meaning he/she has 3 reviewer accounts.
  • I had a buyer get a product for a promo and then list it on Amazon for $10 lower and I lost my own buy box!! I notified Amazon at copyright@amazon.com and it took them 3 days to remove his listing. I sent him a cease and desist letter and he replied FO....
  • king said:

i saw a reviewer use or coupon code to buy 3 item. meaning he/she has 3 reviewer accounts.

yeah if they are all linked to the same Prime account they need to definitely be removed. @Travis_Jamison should look into that for sure. That gives us reviews a bad name and turns off sellers. That is pretty shady. I found a girl on eBay selling the some of the same items I personally have reviewed on here. They are turning a profit off someone else's kindness for reviews. That also is shady. I know these items are not to be resold.
  • Keep in mind, that some unscrupulous "reviewers" are using our profiles as their own. There's a lot of shady stuff going on in reviewer land, and we are not happy about it.
  • Here is a person buying at a discount and selling on eBay....look for your stuff and contact eBay to have it removed. http://www.ebay.com/sch/Health-Beauty-/26395/m.html?item=221785047517&_ssn=costwholesale
  • We need to start a thread for those found on eBay reselling and have them blacklisted. Not hard to find the info of the person selling on eBay.