Is anyone selling on Amazon.co.jp ?

Hi, I just found this community and got so exited.

I just want to know if somebody selling in JP ?

Comments

• I'm not personally, but I know of plenty who are and they are making a killing right now!
    Hey Everyone, full of both happiness and sadness I have moved on from AMZ Tracker. If you need anything hit up Support@AMZtracker.com for help.
    Thanks!

Travis Jamison Supremacy SEO's Link Building Service

• edited August 2015
    @Shay_Luba
    Japan's FBA
    Hey Everyone, full of both happiness and sadness I have moved on from AMZ Tracker. If you need anything hit up Support@AMZtracker.com for help.
    Thanks!

• I'm not personally, but I know of plenty who are and they are making a killing right now!

Thanks Travis,

I just wonder the tool, AMZ Tracker works for Amazon.co.jp.
    I will start free trial !
  • Just FYI everyone: Amazon FBA Canada is an absolute waste of time... almost no sales, despite lower prices than on .com... HUGE fees... much higher than on .com... total crap... don't waste your time...
  • edited October 2015

Just FYI everyone: Amazon FBA Canada is an absolute waste of time... almost no sales, despite lower prices than on .com... HUGE fees... much higher than on .com... total crap... don't waste your time...

Thanks for your info, constantine !

I recently got to be a rep for a chinese barnd, thinking about start selling it on amazon.com... didn't know amazon canada is not a good place.
  • Just FYI everyone: Amazon FBA Canada is an absolute waste of time... almost no sales, despite lower prices than on .com... HUGE fees... much higher than on .com... total crap... don't waste your time...

Yeah I was thinking about selling there until I started tracking in AMZ Tracker some of the best ranking products. Sales volume is just not worth it.

Here is a product with a BSR of 1000 in the health. A mere $66 CAD/day for a "top ranking product"
    Selling in Amazon japan.

Maybe selling some Candian specific items might do better? Moose icons, snow shoes, maple syrup, etc..
    Canadian amazon selling vs Japan Amazon selling

... JOKING!

Thanks Travis,

I just wonder the tool, AMZ Tracker works for Amazon.co.jp.
    I will start free trial !

It does work for Amazon Japan (so I'm told). If you run into any problems with it let me know. It's not something we can easily test :)

Thanks!

• Any idea what product categories sell well or what volumes are like in Amazon JP?
  • Take a close look at Amazon JP: products are different - what you look for e.g. kitchen products here is not found on JP site - different culture.

Keywords etc - you need to know Japanese or hire someone to do the work for you... also culturally, you need someone to screen your products to go there... lifestyle is different... so in short, I am sure you can't just take a product made for USA, sold in USA with USA label and throw it up there to get results... It will take a bit of work...
  • Hi
    I am selling on Amazon Japan.
    I will like to meet more people selling here.
    I can help if anyone is interested to start their business on Amazon Japan.
    Feel free to contact me with your idea and I will let you know the feasibility.
    If you want ,I can serve your company as a business manager in Japan too.
    I am already doing it for a brand.
    Shane
  • @dudeshane01 What kind of services do you offer?
    Thanks!

• SammySammy ✭✭
    I've had some friends get into amazon Japan, had locals working for them for customer service etc and even spoke Japanese themselves after living there for a long time - but apparently haven't seen great results from initial products they've launched.

There's a ton of hurdles to jump through in certain product categories relating to product safety importing into Japan itself. This has proved difficult even for people with strong ties to Japan / living their etc.

@Travis_Jamison Curious if you're open to share anything on what you've observed to be killing it over there.

You can be as vague as you want obviously ;)

• @Sammy I really don't know any more than vague details :)

I just know that some people were doing very well since the game is not very well known in JP yet. No clue on all that other stuff you mentioned. That specifically sounds like a nightmare to me.
    Thanks!