Attention Reviewers: BIG THANKS for your work. It is important to sellers.

There is no direct way to communicate with reviewers yet, but I can see more and more of them on this forum... there are some posts that make sellers sound like we do not like reviewers or are on the other side of a barricade from them... That's not how it is.

So here it is: THANK YOU. The reason, we sellers need your help is because most do not take time to tell others about our products. So despite any complaints you see here and some pains we go through, I know that reasonable sellers appreciate your time and effort. I certainly do as well as many or most other sellers here.

Some reviewers do not leave reviews and it is a shame - the products we sell and give away (or give at a discount and thus a loss) cost us real money. Some reviewers do sneaky, unfair, unreasonable things - like selling our products or returning them to get credit back - sure some get caught and filtered away - but this affects our rating, so instead of a "thank you" for a discount, we get kicked in the gut... But those are just few bad apples - a vast majority of reviewers do as promised - order our products, leave reviews and feedback (whatever it is we deserve) and increase our rating. This allows us to sell more product, increases buyer confidence and tells (and shows with pictures and videos) others what our products are like from a fellow-buyer's point of view. This supports our business and feeds our employees and families. This is not all we do - we need to find product, brand it, or have it manufactured for us, deliver it, clear customs, store it, ship it etc... and put our money on the line just like any other business... but what you do certainly makes a difference.

And for that I sincerely thank you.

Yes, it sounds a bit cheesy, but I feel I need to say this to those reviewers who read our forums, because when you hear only complaints and negativity, it paints an inaccurate picture. Please pass it on to your fellow reviewers, as I know you guys have your own forum and Facebook groups. Thanks!

All the best,

Constantine

Comments

• Thank you : )

Back in the day I ran a mail order operation so I get part of what you are going thru although I never had to deal with a platform like Amazon to try to create my success. That is a battle I do not envy but I have to say that part of my enjoyment of being a reviewer now is seeing how the game has changed since I was in it and the different ways that sellers are trying to navigate it. I think (or maybe I just hope) that most of us Reviewers get what you are going thru on some level and we wish you success.

• Thanks, Fenix :)
    All the best.
  • And in response - thanks to the sellers as well. You probably only see the complaints we post here. But it's been awesome getting to use your products at great discounts, the reviewing of them has made my amazon ranking skyrocket, and it's been a really fun hobby.
  • I really do love most sellers. I've had some really great interactions here. I've found products i now buy on a regular basis, and I love bragging about items to my friends. I've given a few friends cables and the like who LOVED them and went and bought more. My friend just bought some pretty expensive hair oil because she was able to try it at my house. So I really do appreciate you guys.
  • Thank you for your kind words, Constantine. I, for one, always try to do my best when writing my reviews. It's the least I can do. I've gotten to try products, I normally would have questioned to find out not only did I like them but I have ordered again for myself and as gifts. So, thank YOU Constantine and all the sellers out there. We, reviewers really appreciate all of you.
  • I'm in the appreciative camp as well and realize it's a two way street. Products I really like I do mention to friends and family. When I'm treated well as a reviewer, my time invested into the review will reflect that.
  • Just, for the record, if we return something to Amazon we got a coupon code on, we do NOT get money back.
    I returned something once- I had agreed to review some makeup brushes and everything seemed ok, then the seller sent a bill for twice what the item was selling for before the item arrived and accused me of sharing his coupon code and costing him thousands of dollars. I would never do that. It was a form letter, and I have no idea how many of us it went out to. I didn't know his game but I didn't like it.
    As soon as it arrived, I sent it back unopened.
  • @hadriana, but you do get Amazon credit for the full price, don't you?

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get back more then you actually paid. It's like buying something on sale at a retail store.
  • Thanks for the feedback... I think if you are using e.g. $1 + $9 coupon, you get $1 back and a coupon for the balance... but I am not sure... regardless of what the reviewer gets back, he/she is damaging our seller rating by increasing our refund rate... and that defies the reason for giving a promotional code to the reviewer in the first place...
  • Thanks for the feedback... I think if you are using e.g. $1 + $9 coupon, you get $1 back and a coupon for the balance... but I am not sure... regardless of what the reviewer gets back, he/she is damaging our seller rating by increasing our refund rate... and that defies the reason for giving a promotional code to the reviewer in the first place...

Maybe, tho I think in any case things that are marked at $160 bucks don't belong here. It's not right to trap a reviewer into a product that may be total shit by using the website and reviewer's service.

nope you get credit only for what you pay..

let's say you give me a code for a product that costs 10 dollars and the discount code is 9 $ off, when i ask for a refund i get one dollar to my credit card that is what i actually paid for.

hope that helps