Running Out Of Stock

I will be running out of stock for about two weeks. Is this pretty easy to recover from? How long should it take to regain my rankings? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• In my experience of running out of stock for about 4-5 days:

- If you were ranking organically (without extra promo's) you bounce back very quick to where you were in the search rankings. Amazon knows what products sell at what conversion %, so if your product is making organic sales I wouldn't worry too much.
    - If you were relying mainly on promo's to rank somewhere, then you'll need to do it again, but it will be easier than the first time to get back the rankings.
    - The longer you are out of stock the longer it takes to recover.
    - You lose all of the commonly viewed, frequently purchased together placements. I think it takes Amazon some time to put you back there, or they average it from the most recent days. So you lose a bunch of traffic even if your rankings go back to normal.
    - It takes time to appear in any other placement like: top rated, gift ideas, new release etc. So you lose all that traffic as well.

I'd say 2 weeks would put a big dent in rankings, and probably take atleast 2-3 weeks to recover 100% based on my experiences. Not just rankings, but all the other placements.
    It could be done faster if you plan to do some giveaway's
  • Great answer. Thanks so much.