The AMZ Tracker Community
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Amazon Seller Tools & Software
AMZ Tracker Tools
New Member? Register Here For Free To Join Our Sellers Community
Running Out Of Stock
I will be running out of stock for about two weeks. Is this pretty easy to recover from? How long should it take to regain my rankings? Thanks in advance.
In my experience of running out of stock for about 4-5 days:
- If you were ranking organically (without extra promo's) you bounce back very quick to where you were in the search rankings. Amazon knows what products sell at what conversion %, so if your product is making organic sales I wouldn't worry too much.
- If you were relying mainly on promo's to rank somewhere, then you'll need to do it again, but it will be easier than the first time to get back the rankings.
- The longer you are out of stock the longer it takes to recover.
- You lose all of the commonly viewed, frequently purchased together placements. I think it takes Amazon some time to put you back there, or they average it from the most recent days. So you lose a bunch of traffic even if your rankings go back to normal.
- It takes time to appear in any other placement like: top rated, gift ideas, new release etc. So you lose all that traffic as well.
I'd say 2 weeks would put a big dent in rankings, and probably take atleast 2-3 weeks to recover 100% based on my experiences. Not just rankings, but all the other placements.
It could be done faster if you plan to do some giveaway's
Great answer. Thanks so much.
Powered by AMZ Tracker
Amazon Tools FAQ