How to use our Negative Review Tracker

AMZTrackerAMZTracker admin
edited February 2015 in AMZ Tracker Tools
Hey Everyone

I wanted to startup a discussion on negative reviews on your amazon product listings.

I’d like to show you exactly how AMZ Tracker can help to track these bad reviews. Then talk a bit about the reviews themselves and how to deal with negative ones.

First off we all know that reviews are a very important factor in both rankings and sales in Amazon. The reviews are one of the things that make Amazon such a site from the consumers point of view. As a merchant, we need to try our best to please our customers, get good reviews, and sell more.

To help with keeping on top of your negative reviews we have added the ability to track them inside AMZ Tracker. This is one of my favorite features we have added as it saves a ton of time. This process as you may well know used to be fully manual, visiting each product page, checking and responding to your new negative reviews.

Here is a quick guide of how to use the review tracker feature inside AMZ Tracker
  1. Make sure the product listing is already being tracked
  2. Click the heart icon for the product you would like to track reviews for
  3. Red heart = reviews enabled
  4. Now click the heart icon in the header to go to the review tracking dashboard.

Now when you login to AMZ Tracker you will see a notification next to the heart icon on products that have new negative reviews since you last logged in.

By going to the review tracking dashboard you can track and deal with all the bad reviews for all your products in one place.
Here you will see a list of all the negative reviews. It will show at quick glance the product, star rating, and date.
  • By clicking the title of the review or the arrow icon you can open the review in amazon and respond to it right there.
  • By clicking the person icon to the right you will open up the reviewers amazon profile and be able to see all their previous reviews.

I hope this helps you with using the review tracking feature of AMZ tracker. Please post any questions you have at all in the comments below.

I will post updates here if we change or add any features to the review tracker.

How do you respond to negative reviews?
What’s the worst review you’ve ever had?

Comments

• Great tool to have!
  • Super handy!
  • My product received a very negative 1 star review, buyer complaining it was a waste paying for shipping costs. He paid just $1 for the product (90% off) because I had it on sale. I don't know how I should deal with it and if/what I should comment or if there's anything I can do. Anyone experience with this?
  • My product received a very negative 1 star review, buyer complaining it was a waste paying for shipping costs. He paid just $1 for the product (90% off) because I had it on sale. I don't know how I should deal with it and if/what I should comment or if there's anything I can do. Anyone experience with this?
  • edited March 2015
    You should be able to get this removed easily by customer support. This seems to be an Amazon and shipping issue not a product issue. Your case is that there was nothing wrong with your customer service = Seller Feedback / nothing wrong with your product = Product Review.
  • Thank you for your response, Texasspringbok.
    Actually, it is also about the product. I've pasted the review:

Cost of sending was wasted a wasted cause
    Will not hold camera...so flimsy it fall over no matter how you adjust the legs. Really is a joke, but for a dollar no big deal. Cost of sending was wasted a wasted cause.

The product I sell is for smaller camera's and I don't think she read the product description and therefore was disappointed.

What do you think in this case? It seems a combination.
    Does it still makes sense to ask customer service to remove this?

Thanks
  • Ask your friends and family to vote it down in the "Was this helpful?" area. Vote no. Vote yes for other, better reviews. Eventually you will bury it.
  • ErikErik admin
    edited March 2015
    Hey @jma the best way I know to get rid of a review like that is to contact the reviewer directly and ask what you can do to help, send them a full refund, maybe offer a discount on another product. But really 1 negative review won't hurt that much.
    My favorite thing to do is offset it with a TON of 5 star reviews!

@bevhanna Now this is just what I have heard, as we don't actually know the amazon algorithm but as far as voting on reviews. You should ask customers, friends, and family to go ahead and click "YES" on your good 4 and 5 star reviews, this will rank them high.
    But NEVER have anyone click "NO" on a negative review (1-3) stars. If the review gets "no" votes it will continue to stay at the top of the reviews section and draw more attention. So just ignore the negative reviews and up-vote the good reviews, this is the best way to bury the bad ones.

I think Amazon is smart enough to know we will just down vote the bad reviews so if it gets clicks at all the review will stay near the top to give the Amazon customer the best information to make their buying decision.
  • Thank you Erik and bevhanna.
    @Erik: when I do contact and send a new product for example, is it possible for the buyer to remove or edit the review? It's probably against TOS to ask them to do so. How do you get around that?