Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poor Review Club Results - Is it because I'm on a trial?

Hi there.

Liking the service so far, but the main attraction for me was the Amazon Review Club. I did my first promotion yesterday (a high-quality supplement for $1), and the response hasn't been great. I got about 30 applicants, 12 voucher redemptions, and now it's pretty much dried up. I thought I could clear 100 units easily, as this has been my result with similar services.

Is this happening because I'm on a trial, or are these results typical? I could understand that you might want to limit the scope of giveaways for trial users. Can't really think of anything else that might explain a 0.1% applicant rate (I was told that there were 23,000 reviewers on the books).

Hopefully someone can clear this up for me. Cheers.

Comments

• It's because it's a $1. If you go free or like $0.10 you will get a ton more.
  • Oh, really? How many applicants do you typically get on 100% free promotions?
  • Oh, really? How many applicants do you typically get on 100% free promotions?

As a reviewer I see supplement and $1.00 and just move on.
  • 30 applicants x 30 days = 900 applicants. That's a ton of reviewers after just a month!

But yes, you can make it free it free and it get a ton more response.
  • As for myself, a reviewer, I don't mind paying a buck for a supplement that I can use.
    Also, it depends on the supplement. I will chose a supplement that has some kind of longevity
    in the supplement's market like fish oil. Something like 'a flash in the pan' type of pills I will avoid.
  • There are just so many supplements both here and other review sites, that something would need to stand out as special for me to even care. But as Zeta said, I see a supplement with a $1 price tag and don't even bother seeing what it is, just move on. Supplements and phone cables,cases,screen protectors, all need to be free if you want anyone to notice you or care. The market is flooded with tons of free items in those categories, so people will ignore $1. At like $0.10 or something I might see it, but I browse by lowest price and barely even make it to $1 stuff, and if I do, never go past $1.
  • Thanks for the feedback. I'll be trying out a 100% free promotion.
  • I'm a reviewer as well, and I pass up supplements that aren't 100% free. There's just too much competition in that market, I'm afraid.
  • I think the amount of your discount should also take into effect the type of supplement you are selling. If it's something that is not really specialized or there are other AMZ sellers offering the same type of product then yeah, you kind of have to go free.

If on the other hand you have something specialized you might want to consider maybe doing .50. The problem with Free that I have seen as a reviewer is that people will order it because it is free whether they know what it is or not. I have seen more PWOs and Thermogenics with bad reviews because they the did EXACTLY what they are supposed to do but they did it to a user that did not know what the product was for and I've seen bad reviews for products that did not do things that they are not even supposed to do just because the user assumed they would.

By actually charging something, even if it's just .50 or 1.00 you ensure that a higher percentage of the reviewers that request the item, actually understand it so not only are they willing to pay for it, you are more likely to get a review that does something other than described the pill, regurgitate the wiki on the main ingredient and mention if it did or did not make the user nauseous.

You have to judge your product and your audience and go from there.

• As a reviewer I am willing to pay a dollar or two for a supplement BUT it has to be something I actually want to use. Most of the things on here are fad fitness, weight loss, obscure herbs, sexual performance enhancers, etc. all of which strike me as a bit shady. The few of that variety I tried made me sick or didn't work. I would absolutely pay a buck or two for actual supplements that I would use - I've gotten two bottles of good quality vitamin D, a food-based multivitamin, ginseng drops, and a well-formulated mood/depression supplement that were impressive. I'd love to see more women's multivitamins, vitamin C, vitamin B ...things more average people like me use and are familiar with the results of. For a really niche supplement like many on this site you might just have to be patient?
  • Hi there.

Liking the service so far, but the main attraction for me was the Amazon Review Club. I did my first promotion yesterday (a high-quality supplement for $1), and the response hasn't been great. I got about 30 applicants, 12 voucher redemptions, and now it's pretty much dried up. I thought I could clear 100 units easily, as this has been my result with similar services.

Is this happening because I'm on a trial, or are these results typical? I could understand that you might want to limit the scope of giveaways for trial users. Can't really think of anything else that might explain a 0.1% applicant rate (I was told that there were 23,000 reviewers on the books).

Hopefully someone can clear this up for me. Cheers.

Are you getting 30 applicants a day or a total of 30 applicants?
  • @duckmandrake The amount of reviewer requests you get also depends on the vouchers available for your product. If you have 15 vouchers available and 30 requests to review your product we will remove your product from the review site. This is so we don't have a whole bunch of disappointed reviewers who won't get promo codes due to this limit you've set.

Clear out the list of interested reviewers (i.e. send out vouchers) and add more promo codes for your product to show again.
  • An_Ly said:

@duckmandrake The amount of reviewer requests you get also depends on the vouchers available for your product. If you have 15 vouchers available and 30 requests to review your product we will remove your product from the review site. This is so we don't have a whole bunch of disappointed reviewers who won't get promo codes due to this limit you've set.

Clear out the list of interested reviewers (i.e. send out vouchers) and add more promo codes for your product to show again.

Is this removal process why products disappear from the review submission page?
  • @Zeta No it isn't.

If a seller removes their product manually it will also remove that product from the review requests page. If you have purchased the product I would still suggest leaving a review. It helps the sellers out a lot. You will get a reminder email from Amazon regarding this after the products have been delivered.

If you have left a review for a product the system will automatically check for this and remove the item too.
  • An_Ly said:

@Zeta No it isn't.

If a seller removes their product manually it will also remove that product from the review requests page. If you have purchased the product I would still suggest leaving a review. It helps the sellers out a lot. You will get a reminder email from Amazon regarding this after the products have been delivered.

If you have left a review for a product the system will automatically check for this and remove the item too.

Yeah I still leave my reviews and email the sellers from the chosen emails AMZ sends to let them know I did review their product. I was just curious as to what caused it.
  • Well if u do it for free amazon may remove the review... so i generally ask for atleast $.25 nevertheless, a lot of people just keep redeem and not leave review