Why Some Reviewers Don't Use Your Code!

edited May 2015 in AMZ Tracker Tools
Hey Kids,
We just found out something that can greatly improve your success rate with the Amazon Review Club.

A complaint that we've heard a few times is that AMZ Tracker users are sending out the codes, but the reviewers aren't using them. On the contrary, a complaint that we hear from our reviewers quite often is that "the codes don't work".

I believe what is going on when this happens is that our AMZ Tracker users are making the promo codes "exclusive". This means that only 1 promo code can be used at a time. The problem with this is that a lot of our reviewers will purchase multiple products for reviews at the same time. So when they try and put in your promo code it doesn't work.

Simple fix!
When setting up your promo codes you should set them to "Unrestricted". You can still set them to "One redemption per customer" to avoid someone using multiple codes, but as long as you put "unrestricted" the problems should go away.

Here is what your promo code screen should look like:
Unrestricted Amazon Promo Codes

After this of course please continue make sure and create your one time use promo codes as normal.

Happy selling!

Comments

• If you run multiple promotions, unrestricted is a VERY BAD IDEA as it will allow customers to coupon stack...for example, if you have a code that gives a free product X with purchase of product Y...and you do a coupon for a $1 purchase of product Y for a review then unrestricted would allow the customer to use both.
  • I absolutely agree with you if it's for normal usage, but since it's for The Review Club where most people give away the products for around $1 it's not really a worry.

Coupon stacking can't really hurt you if the product is already that cheap :smiley:
  • Ok, I have already changed it as you said. Sorry for making this inconvenience to reviewers.
  • Shoot, I just sent out about 50 exclusive codes... Any way to rectify this? It looks like they're paying full price. I'd hate for them leave leave me low feedback bc the code didn't work. What do you suggest?
  • ErikErik admin
    @fba2015 The best thing to do is wait and watch your support email you provided them. They will email if they have problems.
  • When I got a couple of fail emails, I asked my son to 'buy' so he was only doing the one and it still didn't work. This is my first time at this, I've sent out about 12? and no idea what to do next, any other ideas?
  • I had 'exclusive' I can't edit it though, I have tried, don't know if the edit button maybe only works before the promo goes live?
  • @Jess yeah only certain features are editable, for the rest of them you will need to create a new promo
  • Thanks Travis, have you any other ideas about why my promo codes don't work? This is my attempt at this, and it feels really embarrassing to have them try to use them and fail. I guess some won't even bother emailing me about it?
  • Some will email, some won't. You can find more though so no worries.
  • In case it helps anyone else? ASC told me I'd used my FNSKU when listing the coupon,
    when I should have used the ASIN or Merchant SKU, so all sorted now.
  • Tracker19Tracker19
    edited September 2015
    Travis,
    These are single use coupon codes. Then is there any use to check: One redemption to one customer? Video emphasizes it. When we use one code to all, I can understand.

Any clarification?

*Admin Edit* We now have a full page and checklist for single use coupon codes.
  • I recommend using "one redemption per customer" because if a reviewer gets ahold of multiple codes (someone, no clue how) then they can still order time after time. As long as you select that then no matter what it will only be one order per account.

Also,

Everyone please read this thread again! We get all kinds of reviewers bitching daily because they think the codes don't work. If you set your codes to "exclusive" you WILL miss out on reviews!!

• Question: While creating promotion on amazon, I choose multiple products through "product selection" and then create one promotion for them, so there is single pool of one-time use coupons for multiple products. When "One redemption per customer" is checked, can reviewers buy more than one product from the same promotion if I send them multiple coupons?
  • I just read this thread. I have already started a promotion on AMZ Review Club and have selected Exclusive for Claim Code Combinability. This cannot be changed to Unrestricted, so my question is: is it necessary now to cancel my promotion and start over, or is this not really that important?
  • @Sergey I don't really know to be honest. I don't want to give advice unless I'm 100% positive. I recommend starting a brand new thread about it.

@DonL Just go into Amazon and create new single use Amazon promos, and then go to AMZ Tracker and replace the original promos you made with these new ones.
  • Hi - hope you don't mind me asking a couple of simple questions please as a newbie. With the ''unrestricted" checked does this mean that a reviewer can purchase multiplies of the same product at the discounted price? i.e. risk clearing out your inventory,

Also if I give a percentage off on my promo instead of a flat rate... is the % off the original price or off any sale sale price that I may currently have running?

Thanks guys
  • @Aileo8 Nope. The unrestricted means that they can use multiple promos in one checkout. i.e. buy multiple products to review at once.

As long as you have "one redemption per customer" clicked then they can't purchase more than one at a time.

As for % off, it is off of the sale price.

Cheers
  • Hi Travis! @Travis_Jamison

The Super URLs are DYNAMITE! Great job on creating them they're the best I've used anywhere - they super work!

The codes are no problem, created, unfortunately my codes "stacked" so I gave away some free product but I won't die.

Some Issues:

1.) What isn't working is my photo won't upload properly. I've de-listed and re-listed to no avail (twice). I left and came back on this issue and paid again (first was refunded) and I've not been able to get the site to work for four days.

I've emailed support, I've sent screenshots, all to no avail. Could you please ask them to activate the account? Thank you in advance.

2.) I'd offer that we'd all like to see positive reviews. This is the only place I've ever gotten a review less than five - once in a great while a four star review. Maybe lose the negatives?

Would be fairly easy for us Sellers to offer feedback on the buyers and let the negative ones go. You wouldn't keep them at your company either would you? Amazon deleted a couple that were just plain dishonest.

The keyword rankings are also PHENOMENAL!

Hope life is treating you well and you're enjoying wherever you are in the world :smile:

Warmly,

just an organic farm girl

• @Travis_Jamison

When you create a PROMO CODE, right at the beginning, do you choose "At least this quantity of items" or "For every quantity of items purchased"? Why and what is the difference?

thanks!
    coya
  • @coya That's not really relevant for the Review Club :)
    For the "quantity purchased", that's used for something like "buy 3 and get 20% off" style promos.
  • I have the same issue and I made sure to use unrestricted. Fortunately I only sent it to one reviewer before discovering the issue. So, I tried one of the code my self and it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?
  • Hi Travis,

You state: "Everyone please read this thread again! We get all kinds of reviewers bitching daily because they think the codes don't work. If you set your codes to "exclusive" you WILL miss out on reviews!!"

However using Unrestricted means they can buy multiple products - is this an issue or does it not matter and we should just use Unrestricted and single use codes?

Thanks in advance.
  • Please ignore my post above - I found the answer in the forum which was to always use Unrestricted.
  • Sorry if this is dumb question I'm new around here :)
    As a seller, how can i track the reviewers that have used the code to be 100% certain they have written their review as promised?
  • @MrLeisureUK
    Our system tracks them in the backend automatically, but you actually cannot do it yourself in our system.
  • Hey Kids,
    We just found out something that can greatly improve your success rate with the Amazon Review Club.

A complaint that we've heard a few times is that AMZ Tracker users are sending out the codes, but the reviewers aren't using them. On the contrary, a complaint that we hear from our reviewers quite often is that "the codes don't work".

I believe what is going on when this happens is that our AMZ Tracker users are making the promo codes "exclusive". This means that only 1 promo code can be used at a time. The problem with this is that a lot of our reviewers will purchase multiple products for reviews at the same time. So when they try and put in your promo code it doesn't work.

Simple fix!
    When setting up your promo codes you should set them to "Unrestricted". You can still set them to "One redemption per customer" to avoid someone using multiple codes, but as long as you put "unrestricted" the problems should go away.

Here is what your promo code screen should look like:
    Unrestricted Amazon Promo Codes

After this of course please continue make sure and create your one time use promo codes as normal.

Happy selling!

This is a great point. We have struggled from time to time with bad codes. If the codes don't work we can't give a Big River review
  • Just to add a point in from a reviewer's point of view.
    I only ever add one item at a time to my basket (Prime Delivery Membership) and I have had quite a few codes that just didn't work. Some sellers reply, some don't.
    A few times sellers have then sent another new code and the new one didn't work either.
    This is by clicking on the link within the email and searching for the product also.
    So if there's no reply from the seller, I just add a request, then hide the request as advised by AMZ. I wait roughly 24-48 for a reply before adding/hiding request.
  • @Travis_Jamison Is the help section in amazon ambiguous with regards to the claim codes?

It says 'One redemption per customer: Select this option to limit the claim code to be redeemed only once by a customer.'

That does not preclude the same code being redeemed by different customers.

Is this just badly written?

Thanks
  • I've given away/sold at a huge reduction, a number of products & I'm just not seeing the reviews coming through.

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this.

Is this something that i'm doing wrong... is amazon not putting them up quick enough or are people just choosing not to write them?

• Hello NO-Label
    I just thought I would say, I'm a reviewer.
    I ordered a product that was a prime item.
    But the product took over a full week to actually arrive. It has happened quite a few times recently.
    So if you add 7-10 days delivery plus 10 days allowance for actually leaving a review from the date its recieved (per AMZ rules)
    You may not actually see a review for over 2-3 weeks.
    So I don't know if this could be why your reviews aren't coming in quick enough.

I don't know as a seller what you have control over, once Amazon has your products to ship out etc.. But postal delays could be a reason.
    Just thought it may help shed some light on it from a reviewers perspective.
    Thanks..!!! :)
  • misspinky said:

Just to add a point in from a reviewer's point of view.
    I only ever add one item at a time to my basket (Prime Delivery Membership) and I have had quite a few codes that just didn't work. Some sellers reply, some don't.
    A few times sellers have then sent another new code and the new one didn't work either.
    This is by clicking on the link within the email and searching for the product also.
    So if there's no reply from the seller, I just add a request, then hide the request as advised by AMZ. I wait roughly 24-48 for a reply before adding/hiding request.

misspinky I have noticed that and agree that some codes just dont work and some seller reply with a solution and some dont. There are others that include a link to the item in emails or on the site that go to the wrong product listing. There are several sellers that have both FBA and MF listings and many times they want you to purchase the merchant fulfilled version even though the link goes to FBA. If you get another approval that the code "cant be applied" check other sellers and see if there is another listing under the same seller. That has cleared up about 80% of my invalid codes.
  • Sorry if this is dumb question I'm new around here :)
    As a seller, how can i track the reviewers that have used the code to be 100% certain they have written their review as promised?

As a seller this was a concern for me as well but after being a reviewer I see how it works and am satisfied.

As a reviewer I do reviews within 1-2 days of receiving the items in most cases. On occasions you get an item that comes via a butterfly or snail from china and it takes 2 months to get here. In those situations the reviewer gets an email from AMZ to get it done or lose privileges. Sometimes those emails start coming before the
    product arrives so I can attest that AMZ has sellers backs on encouraging reviews to take place.
  • Is it possible....

That some sellers are creating the codes, and uploading them straight away and releasing theme before they actually go live?

It takes about 4 hours for Amazon to activate those vouchers right?.. Sometimes longer. Just a thought?
  • Hi, another newbie here ... I did the first lot of codes without any problems. I've now done the second lot and to my horror, loads of the to be reviewers can't claim the codes?? I did redemption - 1 per customer, claim code was for unrestricted, made sure that the detail page display text was unclicked - what do I do now?? Help please
    Ali
  • Also forgot to mention that two of my to be reviewers got the same claim code - how is this possible if I clicked the redemption - 1 per customer?
  • Forgot to say - two of my to be reviewers ended up with the same claim code - how is this possible as I had clicked the redemption - 1 per customer?
    Waiting in anticipation
    Ali