Send a reminder to reviewers?

RJBRJB
edited October 2015 in Customer Service/Management
Hello,

I'm a reviewer. I applied to review a product. I was accepted and found the promo code doesn't work. I'm not that concerned about it. I always have plenty to review, so I'll just move onto the next. But what bothers me is it appears this seller is getting his product rating trashed due to non-functional promo codes. Currently, there are about 7 negative reviews (out of a total of 18 reviews), where they left a low star rating and just commented how their promo code didn't work. First, that would be against Amazon TOS because the "reviews" are not actually about the product. Second, it's so unfair to the seller - I'm sure they didn't do that just to make reviewers mad. I was wondering, maybe the reviewers don't understand they shouldn't do that? I was thinking that perhaps an email should be sent out letting them know this is not allowed.

I can provide the link if you need to see that.

Comments

• Hello RJB
    I'm a reviewer too, I have never heard of people going to that extreme over a promo code.

Wow that's really awful, thats really nice of you to mention that on here for others to see.
    Was the item orginally a really high price item then at very cheap or free promo.
    As I'm not sure what would make someone do that. Very unfair.
    Especially if it's many doing it.
    Hopefully admin on here will pick this up. I'm pretty shocked to hear it. :(
  • RJBRJB
    edited October 2015
    Hi Miss Pinky,

No, it's an inexpensive item. You can find it on Amazon as the first result for the search: V For Vendetta Mask Guy Fawkes Halloween Costumes Masquerade Party Face

His reviews are all jacked up. I just looked and now he has 19.

7 are low stars where they admit to never even getting item and complaining about promo code. I agree, I'm not sure what would make someone do that. Then he has some others complaining about quality. The he has one guy saying he got it free on Amazon Review Trader. That one is saying it's comparable to a $40 mask which is over 4x the price. No complaints. And yet, he only gave it 4 stars. The rest of the reviews are super short and kind of lame like, "Nice.." and "Great quality masks." I clicked on the seller name and it looks like he is offering other products. Some of the reviewers went to all of his other items for sale and left low stars there, also complaining they couldn't use the promo code.
  • ***ing christ, those reviewers need to be banned. Secondly the sellers need to be doing more on their end to weed out shitty reviewers like this. Third the seller should look into reporting the abuse and getting the reviews removed.
  • ChristyChristy
    edited October 2015
    Wow, that is absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe these reviewers. I'm genuinely shocked. If I had an account in the USA I would vote not helpful on the lot of them. It sucks that these people make sellers suspicious of AMZ and reviewers in general, when most of us here spend a lot of time trying to help both seller, and customer. These guys come along with their selfish attitude and make a mockery of Amazon's review system and the product testing process.
  • I have a US Amazon account. ;)

*Honest Reviewer* - My Amazon Profile
  • :) Hello AliKat did you hit the report button to let Amazon know this review shouldn't be live on the site by any chance as they can get it took down I think.

Very noble of you to write that comment I'm sure the seller will appreciate it.
    Have a nice day...!! :/
  • edited October 2015
    I don't think these reviewers are leaving this kind of reviews because they are mad the code didn't work, I think it is because they are trying to protect their AMZ Reviewer account. I looked at their profiles and they left it on others. I honestly don't think they know they can hide the promotion on the AMZ Reviewer account. Not condoning this just saying. I actually did get this code from this seller and mine worked.. however I didn't get the product because they had a shipping fee at when I got it. But it did work. Regardless, those need to be taking down, one had posted it on a couple different products. I don't understand why anyone would choose them for a promotion seeing that on their profiles. Just the way some of them wrote it, one said.. "how can I review if the code does not work". They are doing this cause they have to get it posted in ten days under the AMZ account. Seller or someone needs to get them taking down fast and warn these people they can take it off their accounts.. and to take that crap off now.
    Just my two cents.
  • No I didnt hit the report button, but I guess I should. I wouldn't call it noble, I really enjoy calling people out. I get a lot of satisfaction out of it.

I just went back and noticed these comments... I CANT BELIEVE THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE. Someone said that The company is obviously down-voting negative reviews and they are going to report them to Amazon for manipulating their reviews!!! OMG! Well I had to comment on that one too.

• AliKatAliKat
    edited October 2015
    I reported the reviews as inappropriate.

This reviewer just doesn't get it... I don't think these people are being properly educated on what they should and shouldn't do. Look at all the negative reviews she has given the seller KUTECK

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A2ZX894L4S7KDN/ref=cm_cr_pr_pdp?ie=UTF8
  • What I don't get is why they have not been removed after this long. I reported them the same day that this was posted. Amazon still has them up. You know if we have reported it, I am sure the seller would have turned it in to Amazon and all the other dozens of reports, I am sure of and they still have them up.. Shame on Amazon too.. These are unverified and not a product review, that is simply against their rules.
  • What I don't get is why they have not been removed after this long. I reported them the same day that this was posted. Amazon still has them up. You know if we have reported it, I am sure the seller would have turned it in to Amazon and all the other dozens of reports, I am sure of and they still have them up.. Shame on Amazon too.. These are unverified and not a product review, that is simply against their rules.

Amazon takes months to remove reviews that are reported sometimes :(

Although it's worth noting that you are allowed to post unverified reviews - you don't have to have ordered or bought the item on Amazon. Most of the top reviewers review thousands of items that they did not buy through Amazon. You do actually have to be reviewing the correct product for the listing though, which is not the case here since these people are making no comments about the actual product, only about the seller. So they will get removed... but it can take a really long time.
  • Of course, I have been reviewing for a few years and a Top Reviewer :) just thought they can remove my reviews pretty fast, why not theirs lol.
    That is why I am saying.. unverifed and not a product review, would have thought it would be pretty simple to remove. That's sad though. Anyways it seems to me the reivewer would want to get all those down votes deleted by taking it down them selves. They are even talking about it on there. I don't think they know what they are doing and that is why they posted that in the first place. They don't know they cant hide it in their amz account. They think they have ten days and dont know how to hide.
  • AliKat said:

I reported the reviews as inappropriate.

This reviewer just doesn't get it... I don't think these people are being properly educated on what they should and shouldn't do. Look at all the negative reviews she has given the seller KUTECK

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A2ZX894L4S7KDN/ref=cm_cr_pr_pdp?ie=UTF8

Oh wow!! that is nuts.. Yeh they don't have a clue what they are doing.
  • Christy said:

yeah thats kind of why I told them whats up. How can we get an admin from AMZ Reviews to take notice of the people leaving these reviews and remove them from the program? I myself am fairly new to this but it doesn't take a genius to know what you should and should not do.

Just the other day, my reviews started posting almost immediately after I submit, so I must be doing something right. Before I would have to wait for approval, sometimes for hours. I think someone still checks my reviews, but they put them up right away and then I'm guessing will take them down if there's an issue.

Anyways, looks like I missed the golden age of Review Trading, as its gone to poop now with so many people abusing the system.

• AliKat said:

Christy said:

Just the other day, my reviews started posting almost immediately after I submit, so I must be doing something right. Before I would have to wait for approval, sometimes for hours. I think someone still checks my reviews, but they put them up right away and then I'm guessing will take them down if there's an issue.

Anyways, looks like I missed the golden age of Review Trading, as its gone to poop now with so many people abusing the system.

Sometimes it takes a long time and sometimes approval is immediately. Their bots do the reviews with text only. If pictures or video is involved it can take a while. For the past month Amazon has been tinkering with the review system and trying out different styles, which is why it was taking from hours to days. The longer you are in this game the more and more you will notice. I have reviews removed all the time for NO reason. I put my disclaimer up, just like they recommend.. i never forget it. Don't know why but somethimes here and they they remove some. When I bother to contact them, sometimes i get them back. Don't know why this happens but it does. Also posting different hours in the day used to be faster then others with picture. Now it seems that since the new interface has updated, they are going more quickly with files. Bots check written and normally a person checks video and picture.

• Sometimes it takes a long time and sometimes approval is immediately. Their bots do the reviews with text only. If pictures or video is involved it can take a while. For the past month Amazon has been tinkering with the review system and trying out different styles, which is why it was taking from hours to days. The longer you are in this game the more and more you will notice. I have reviews removed all the time for NO reason. I put my disclaimer up, just like they recommend.. i never forget it. Don't know why but somethimes here and they they remove some. When I bother to contact them, sometimes i get them back. Don't know why this happens but it does. Also posting different hours in the day used to be faster then others with picture. Now it seems that since the new interface has updated, they are going more quickly with files. Bots check written and normally a person checks video and picture.

Ah I see, good to know. Yeah I don't know how much longer I'm going to do this. I'd like to get into the Vine Voice program, but the chances of that are unlikely I suppose.

Anyhow, I looked into these reviewers and they post this type of feedback on multiple listings. I'm tempted to create a "Bad Buyer" thread and put these people on blast. I will add that this is definitely partially the seller's fault for approving buyers with low helpfulness ratings. A simple look at all of their profiles and you can see the quality of their work.

Not only that, but in my oppinion, this particular seller KUTECK is not the most upfront honest seller. I was approved for a few of his "FREE" products but at the check out every item was charged a shipping fee when I know that two phone cases can be shipped for the same price. It seemed to me that the seller was using the shipping fee to cover the cost of the product and make a few bucks as well. Phone cases and screen protectors are dirt cheap if you buy in bulk from China. I might be wrong, but it was how it came across to me.
  • I hope you stick around, this is nice to do. Vine would be fun to get into, I've been on there 2 years and finally in the 1k mark. I think it's just random and the rank is not even looked at. But now they make you fill out a tax form.

Yeh that's what I don't get is why anyone would pick a reviewer like that. You know chances are it's going to be a crappy review or that.

I agree about this seller, I have been approved for 3 of his products and I never bothered ordering. I either get left with a fee and shipping or just shipping. It's bull and getting old. And even though they update the site to best discounts they are still doing tricks to make it look good. He's shady and will never apply for it again.
  • AliKat said:

Someone said that The company is obviously down-voting negative reviews and they are going to report them to Amazon for manipulating their reviews!!!

Ok, I did have an experience with something going on with the seller (or someone affiliated with the seller) down-voting negative reviews. I actually just posted a new topic on this forum about it...anyhow, it doesn't matter how well the reviews are written, if they only had one star, they got anywhere between ten and twenty (or more) down-votes. I just did about an hour and a half of due diligence, and it is the same way across the board with many of the products the seller had listed. So I don't know how they were doing it, but I think it is within the realm of possibility. (Probably not in the cases you mentioned...those "reviews" are a joke!)
  • AliKatAliKat
    edited October 2015

Ok, I did have an experience with something going on with the seller (or someone affiliated with the seller) down-voting negative reviews. I actually just posted a new topic on this forum about it...anyhow, it doesn't matter how well the reviews are written, if they only had one star, they got anywhere between ten and twenty (or more) down-votes. I just did about an hour and a half of due diligence, and it is the same way across the board with many of the products the seller had listed. So I don't know how they were doing it, but I think it is within the realm of possibility. (Probably not in the cases you mentioned...those "reviews" are a joke!)

Oh really? That's insane. They must have hired people off of Fiverr to do it or something.