-1500 drop overnight for BEST SELLER in category??

amzselleramzseller
edited December 2015 in General
Hoping somebody may be able to shed light on the below.

We manufacture and sell a Top #50 product within its major category (e.g. Beauty, Electronics, Home & Kitchen). The product itself has been positioned #1 in organic search for all major keywords for the past 6 months. We also had a very good Black Friday week which further increased the ranking and sales against our competitors.

On Sunday 30th November, all of our rankings for EVERY single keyword dropped off the face of the earth. Our #1 positions all dropped to 13 and below, and one of our keywords dropped from 2nd to 150th. We have made no changes to the product title, keywords or description recently. This has hit our sales hard.

What we did however was follow some new keyword advice and removed repetitive keywords that featured in the title and added new long-tail keywords instead (for example, the product name and most searched for strings are no longer in the keywords). This was done on the 13th November which is 2 weeks before this drop in rank. Is it possible that this could have caused the issue (with a 2 week delay) and if so, it means all Keyword advice about non-repetition is not true.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi @amzseller ,

1) We at AMZ Tracker have ALWAYS said that repetitive keywords are a GOOD thing. We always recommend it as time and time again it seems to make a difference. We recommend putting the keyword once in each "section" (title, bullets, description, backend, url-slug when possible).

2) Also make sure that your title is not over 200 characters. I keep seeing peoples listings disappear because the title is over the allowed limit.
    Hey Everyone, full of both happiness and sadness I have moved on from AMZ Tracker. If you need anything hit up Support@AMZtracker.com for help.
    Thanks!

Travis Jamison Supremacy SEO's Link Building Service

• I'd guess it's 100% due to removing the main keywords from the title - I've heard plenty of times from course sellers it doesn't matter, but IMO it does.
  • Sammy said:

I'd guess it's 100% due to removing the main keywords from the title - I've heard plenty of times from course sellers it doesn't matter, but IMO it does.

Hey Everyone, full of both happiness and sadness I have moved on from AMZ Tracker. If you need anything hit up Support@AMZtracker.com for help.
    Thanks!

Travis Jamison Supremacy SEO's Link Building Service