Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick message to sellers and suggestion for Travis

Yesterday I left a glowing for a product I purchased through AMZ. I have reviewed a ton of these over the years but this product was by far the best and I took extra time to point out every reason why. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't need scoobie snacks. I do not need a seller to send me warm fuzzies regarding my review (although I will tell you now, I don't have a clue where my keys are but I know and exactly who the two that did respond to reviews this week are). I would appreciate it though ,if the day after, or three days after ,or two weeks after I leave my review I did not get an email from sellers letting me know how oh so mportant my review and opinion is to them. It absolutely fails to warm my heart or to give that seller and their product a place in it.

Sellers... pay attention! And @Travis_Jamison ... since we know that many just won't, can you add a feature that lets them know when a review has been left so that we reviewers are not getting form letters that are 1 part slap in the face, 1 part lie and 2 parts annoying from sellers asking for things they have already been given?

Comments

• Are those emails generated automatically for all buyers regardless? Seems that there is no one sitting at a desk sending thousands of emails a day. I would think these are form emails sent automatically by a computer.
  • I don't think so. There are a lot of sellers I never hear from so I think the seller can automate it but not all do. What I am suggesting tis thatsince AMZ confirms when a review has been left, that that confirmation disables the sending of the email or that since since sellers do get those stats, that they actually pay attention to them because you know... they also want us to leave reviews on them as sellers too ;)
  • @Fenix Thanks for your message but please note those emails are not coming from the Sellers (and no they don't automate the emails).

They are automated emails from AMZ and if you receive them even after you leave your review then we apologize, it just means the system hasn't yet caught up with your reviews. Please just kindly ignore the email if it doesn't apply to you.

• @Fenix Thanks for your message but please note those emails are not coming from the Sellers (and no they don't automate the emails).

They are automated emails from AMZ and if you receive them even after you leave your review then we apologize, it just means the system hasn't yet caught up with your reviews. Please just kindly ignore the email if it doesn't apply to you.

No, I'm not referring to your reminder email... I only get those when l deserve too : )

I am talking about the "We are a small family owned company and your opinion means the world to us" type emails that I get from about half of the sellers I buy from. I don't mind the sentiment. I come from a marketing background. That's what you are supposed to do (if in fact the person has not left the review yet that is). But when you send that email after the review has been sent it's like sending an invoice on a paid bill, it just makes you look bad and leaves a bad taste in the customers mouth.

I know that for many sellers, "reviewers" are just a means to an end in terms of rankings but I just placed my 4th follow up (full priced) order from an AMZ seller yesterday. I used to purchase a similar product from a different company at a B&M store but I like this product better and I like the way the company handled our dealings. We "reviewers" can be converted into customers and I don't see a lot of companies making the effort to do that.
  • And why is it that the only customers who complain are the ones who got it for free... :D :D :D

1) Of the hundreds of items that I have reviewed, very few of them have actually been free. I don't need diet aids, screen protectors or anymore phone cases (and the cases I have gotten from AMZ vendors have cost from $4, $$5.47, and 13.99 respectively). There are occasionally things I find interesting that also happen to free but by all means, let me know what you sell and I'll be sure not to apply for it.

2) Because the only emails I get asking for reviews after I have left them are from sellers on this site.
  • I'm sorry. I made a suggestion as to how not to annoy customers. Ironically there is a whole nother thread that I have NOTHING to do with on a reviewer forum from others that also find it annoying and off putting to receive emails requesting reviews long after they have been left. I put forth a suggestion as to how it might be possible to avoid the issue since if 10 people are voicing their annoyance I guarantee you there are many many more that think it and just don't post publicly.

This should not be rocket science.
    I request an item through this portal.
    I receive an email stating that I have been approved.
    I order the item
    I review the item and then I indicate on this portal that a review has been made...........

Now, I would assume, because it would seem painfully obvious, that sellers are able to send reminder emails (in bulk or individually) via this portal to buyers requesting a review and that in the event that the buyer has previously indicated that a review has been left, that the option to sends this email be disabled.

I acknowledge that this seemingly obvious option may not actually be available at this time which is it is titled as also a "Suggestion to Travis" . If such an option does not exist, it should. Since you have repeatedly stated that you don't have the time, ability, manpower etc etc etc to avoid this annoying practice, I would think you would agree with the suggestion. But like I said, just let me know what you sell, I won't request it and at the very least, we can avoid annoying each other.