Question Regarding Removing Super URL and Providing Instructions For Reviewer To Search My Product

edited April 2016 in General
Hi Fellow Sellers,

I have been a fan of AMZ Trackers over the past 6 month.

But what attracted me initially is AMZ Trackers' core feature at the time, "SUPER URL," which helps to mimic the search process of a customers and later I have seen success with "Providing Instructions For Reviewer To Search My Product" by using AMZ Trackers.

But now, Both of the above features have been removed and probably it's because of my ignorance, but I just don't see a point to provide a regular link to the reviewers and let them complete their purchase through that method, which will be very easily identified by Amazon as manipulation and far from the natural process where customers go through the search result and chose my products over the competitors, instead of the two methods above.

Any thoughts and suggestion? And do you mind elaborating a little here regarding why "providing a regular link to the reviewers" is better than using Super URL or "Providing Instructions For Reviewer To Search My Product"?

Is it because it's truly better? Or because Amazon is very strict about SUPER URL and "Providing Instructions For Reviewer To Search My Product", so that we can only settle for the second best?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I'm also wondering why the special instructions option was removed as well. I just noticed this feature the other day as I had taken a break from promos. I too was mostly interested in amztracker for it's rank boosting features more than anything. Is there a reason why the special instructions to search our product was removed?
  • AMZTrackerAMZTracker admin
    edited April 2016
    Hi,
    Why did we make these changes? A few reasons.

Recently Amazon updated its seller terms of service with some very ambiguous language (to say the least). As far as we can tell, the use of super urls and similar features is still allowed at this time. However, we have decided that we would rather be overly cautious and protect our users just in case. We are in this for the long-haul, and want to do whatever we can to keep your account in good standing.

As long as your Amazon listing is optimized properly, it will still have all the great rank boosting benefits that it did before (we've checked)
  • A quiet admission that super urls havent been working as well as they were before? I think so..

Special instructions were likely removed because AMZ decided it crossed the boundary of too much manipulation.

I'm wondering what is left that sellers would continue to pay monthly for. Reviews are now unverified and weigh less compared to Verified reviews, no special ranking juice through Super URLs, no manual search instructions for reviewers...I may have to quit my subscription after this month.
  • AMZTrackerAMZTracker admin
    edited April 2016
    @loops77
    Sorry to see you go, but do what you must.

The entire system still works as it should, and there is no question of breaking the TOS (which is important)

Try it for yourself how it is now. The rank boosting properties still work just fine.
  • @Travis_Jamison

Hi Travis,

I was wondering if it's possible to bring back the " special instructions option "? :)
  • I literally just upgraded my account the other day to take advantage of the 'special instructions' option. Super bummed out...
  • No offense intended @AMZ Tracker I do love how easy it is to track products and see my rankings move, as I use PPC aggressively. It has really cut down my time and made it easier to see which keywords to target for optimal sales.
  • I understand what you're saying Travis, Super URL has future red flags all over it- but why get rid of the seller notes? Having a reviewer search for your product was the #1 selling point for me.
  • IanGrant said:

I understand what you're saying Travis, Super URL has future red flags all over it- but why get rid of the seller notes? Having a reviewer search for your product was the #1 selling point for me.

And that would fall under the exact same type of behavior that the AMZ Tracker team is trying to avoid.
  • cbstognercbstogner
    edited May 2016
    But then again, Amazon would have no way of knowing if special instructions were used or not.

I'm in the processes of launching a new product and I'm very upset. Ya'll say that sales will help keyword ranking.. problem is, I'm not even getting that many reviewers.

Small amount of reviewers and no special instructions, super ULRS.. I'm thinking about canceling.

If you all are not willing to give your customers what they want, we need to at least stop being charged for what we had. In my opinion, with no special instructions and no super URLs, the monthly price needs to be cut in half.

I would stay if the price was cut in half to be able to see my rankings for specific keywords.
  • cbstogner said:

But then again, Amazon would have no way of knowing if special instructions were used or not.

I'm in the processes of launching a new product and I'm very upset. Ya'll say that sales will help keyword ranking.. problem is, I'm not even getting that many reviewers.

Small amount of reviewers and no special instructions, super ULRS.. I'm thinking about canceling.

If you all are not willing to give your customers what they want, we need to at least stop being charged for what we had. In my opinion, with no special instructions and no super URLs, the monthly price needs to be cut in half.

I would stay if the price was cut in half to be able to see my rankings for specific keywords.

This^