I am an active reviewer. I am here to answer any questions you sellers have about the reviewer end.

JokullJokull
edited July 2015 in General
I hope that this is allowed even though I am not a seller.

I have almost 50 reviews put up just last month over this site and many other review sites. I came here and saw that many people had questions about reviewers and there does not seem to be much seller- reviewer communication, and I want to help change that. If you have any questions about how I pick products to review, how to get yourself seen better among the hundreds of products, how to help me help you, how to get my review in faster, how to track the whole process better, etc. Just ask away.

Comments

• Hi @Jokull ,

I want to know how to get review from reviewers faster and how to track the whole process better.

Thanks
  • Joey said:

Hi @Jokull ,

I want to know how to get review from reviewers faster and how to track the whole process better.

Thanks

Well I do have to say that there is a few ways you can help the process. There is no guaranteed way to speed up the reviews.

1. Leave specific instructions to email you right after ordering. The best review experiences were with the sellers who asked to have the order number and asked to have me email the review link. this started communication between us and they were able to respond and thank me for my time and gave me a view of the person on the other side who is passionate about their product and trying to make a living.

2. Make sure to respond quickly. I cannot stress this enough within half a day is best. The worst thing is having to review a product for a seller who does not communicate, especially if there is issues.

3. If I as a reviewer do a good job, offering them a second review opportunity will help make us feel better and more likely to give you better reviews and also faster ones because there is a person that we do not want to let down.

4. If a reviewer does not leave a review, report them to the admins. They take this seriously and will remove freeloaders form the available pool.

5. Choose applicants who have good ranking on amazon and have a lot of reviews that are well written. They are more likely to review faster because they do it as a hobby.
  • @Jokull
    Thanks for the feedback. You are bringing in a good point about asking reviewers to email back a link to their review. It is a daunting task to try and match promotion orders with reviewers names.
    For point 5 on your list, what I noticed is that many reviewers provide a link to a profile of some of the higher ranking reviewers. I am guessing the reason is either because they have a low rank profile or they have more than one account on this site!

A thorough scanning of the reviewers could enhance experience for sellers and bring a better ROI
  • JokullJokull
    edited July 2015
    @uppercity
    I think maybe a system where sellers can rate reviewers would also be a good addition. Only sellers who approve codes for a review can post a review. It helps people like me get more opportunities and shuts out people who want free stuff and do not follow through with reviewing. That way you would be able to weed out bad or fake profiles.
  • @Jokull

Thank you for representing the reviewers. I too am here as a reviewer.

I agree with all of your points except number 5. While I agree that, of course, sellers should choose applicants that have thorough reviews and good rankings, there's a flaw with that.

The flaw lies within the Amazon Helpful/Unhelpful voting system.

My reviews are always well thought out, honest, and insightful. There have been several occasions in the last week alone that I have received "unhelpful" votes on Amazon within minutes of posting my review. Clearly, there are people out there giving bad votes for leaving a reviewer disclaimer, or people leaving bad votes because they are trying to make their own reviews rise in the ranks.

I currently have only an 80% helpful ranking and it's really discouraging. Considering I actually used these items and reviewed them appropriately and received a bad vote within minutes of posting is just... sucky.

Sellers need to consider this as well.
  • Hi @Jokull @CaptainSkyhawk ,

Thanks for your answers, did help.
  • SammySammy ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    @CaptainSkyhawk

I wouldn't worry too much about the % helpful. In many competitive niches there's a lot of shady tactics with competitors downvoting helpful reviews and upvoting negative ones and sellers trying to do the same

As a seller I completely ignore this % - it's thoughtful well written reviews I'm after - not the one sentence or cut/paste reviews that are more common here. If your profile is mostly well written reviews with proper grammar, you're in the top 1% of requests I get lol...

PS: Good ranking @jokull is reffering to the Amazon reviewers ranking - not the % helpful. (although they are connected in some say Im guessing..)
  • SammySammy ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    TO any reviewers out there - most requests I get are from empty profiles, reviewers that haven't reviewed something since 2013, reviewers with 100's of one word reviews, and about 1 in 5 post a dead link - so it isn't hard to stand out in my opinion.

All you gotta do to is actually write more than 4 lines coherently and you are automatically in the top 5% of my requests.
    Also have a profile, email, interests filled out etc. The more you look like a real person who isn't gonna sell my shit on Ebay, the more I trust you with my products to review honestly.

Also I hate to say it but if you are regularly leaving 2, 3 or 4 star reviews over minor details then I won't pick you ever. Not that you shouldn't be honest (you absolutely should), but I've found some reviewers are way too quick to leave bad feedback over something that's in the product description.
    Alot of sellers put heaps of work in creating stuff, so it's always better to contact them first before leaving negative feedback, as any decent seller would refund you if you didn't like the product.

This is a bit of a grey area though, as there is plenty of shit products selling on Amazon with 1000's of glowing reviews. So I really have don't have a solution for this - but it's the truth. If you're leaving anything less than 4-5 star reviews I'd have a hard time letting you review my product.
  • @sammy

Thanks for the info!

I'm glad to hear that, at least some, sellers look beyond the percentage, as I do put a great deal of effort towards providing the best reviews I can. I understand that the sellers are trying to get their products to move, and this platform is a great way to make that happen. I'm sorry to see how many reviewers are only in it for themselves and clearly don't grasp the concept of actively helping a business grow and thrive.

As for the ranking, it's very relative. Unhelpful/helpful votes obviously effect your rank, but so does everyone else performance. Over the past two weeks I've fluctuated between 320,000-400,000. Roller coaster.

• ZetaZeta ✭✭
    gnomepark said:

Don't leave reviews like this reviewer does that I found on my list lol

That's almost as bad as "The mailman left it on the porch in the rain and it was ruined 0 stars" type reviews that I've seen.
  • I must agree that solid communication between seller and reviewer can help both parties perform better. I have built up quite a following of sellers now because of my habit of emailing those sellers with the links to the reviews and providing more of a personal connection. I am a strong believer is growing businesses (i'm an owner myself) and enjoy lending a helping hand. Heck I would send the products back if asked, and on some of the expensive stuff I have received I have offered. My products are very expensive to manufacture and giving them away hurts a little bit, but it is less painful when I have a connection to the persons receiving them.

On the reviewer side (yes I review too) The points brought up in the above list are all good. Reviewers are pressured to provide a timely opinion and having a seller available to respond to questions is very important to expediting the process.
  • Sellers finding bad reviewers like those mentioned above, that are on Amz Review Tracker, please be sure to report them on the amztracker form. As a reviewer I hate seeing that kind of crap, especially when they were chosen to review a product I would have loved to do a real review for. It's not fair for sellers, nor reviewers. Lets get those kind of people out of here.
  • Those one line reviewers are giving us all a bad name. I've seen a lot of down votes lately on amazon, and people are not only down voting the one line reviews, they are down voting every review on item pages that have the discount disclaimers.

I would pay any attention to amazon % or even rankings right now. Amazon hasn't updated their rankings in a VERY long time. My amazon ranking and % has been stagnant for weeks now even though I've added several reviews and gotten a few up votes here and there.

Sellers please give us lots of information in the initial emails! If there is something about your product that you specifically want us to test, make that known in the email. I might review a shirt for example and talk about how well it fits, but maybe you want me to mention an embroidery detail or some other point. A very simple note would work: "Thank you for reviewing our product, when you review please remember to mention the beautiful detail work on the sleeves!" or "Our LED Christmas lights have many blink settings, try them out and tell us what you think." It's a great way to get reviewers to focus on important things about a product, and will also get them writing more in their reviews.

Check out reviewer profiles as much as you can. If you see them writing one line or sounding like they have never even seen the product they are reviewing just skip them altogether. It's not good for your products and it's embarrassing for us reviewers to be associated with that kind of lazy.

You want good reviews that will show off your product, even when you are no longer giving discounts. That's the point of using AMZrt right? Build up some good reviews so potential buyers who will pay full price have something to read about your product and draw their interest.

I posted my amazon profile link on my user page at this site. Here it is if any sellers would like to have a look. I've only been reviewing for about a month and it's been a really positive experience with every product I have received. https://www.amazon.com/gp/profile/AE7YHBR4VCZZN
  • @gnomepark You should report that reviewer here and on amazon. They don't have a disclaimer on their one word reviews! That violates the TOS. It's kind of funny to see it, but not funny at all for those sellers.