5,289 Products Removed from the Review Club Today

AMZTrackerAMZTracker admin
edited October 2015 in Customer Service/Management
Hey Everyone,
10 days ago we sent out an email to our AMZ Tracker users with a warning to make sure that all of your Review Club listings are following the rules, working properly, and priced correctly.

Today we took the first steps against sellers who are not respecting this, and removed 5,289 products from AMZ Review Trader. Any seller who's products were disabled can reinstate them, but only after making sure that everything is properly working. Repeat offenders will be banned permanently, and your subscription cancelled.

All sellers need to make sure of the following:

1) All actions that you perform are within Amazon's terms of service.
This is priority number 1. If you break the rules you will be banned, and not to mention you are putting your Amazon account in danger. It's not worth the risk!
Examples of ban-able offenses:
  • Asking reviewers not to disclose they received a discounted/free product. This is wrong, and dumb.
  • Mass down-voting negative/neutral reviews.
  • etc. You know the rules, follow them.
2) Have Working Promo Codes
Please make sure that ALL of your promo codes are tested to be working properly. It's a huge pain for our reviewers to try and order your product to find out that the promo code isn't working. If you need help, follow this guide.

3) Display Correct Prices
The price you advertise should be the price you sell it at. This includes shipping. So if you have a product that is free, but has $5 FBM shipping, then the cost to our reviewers is $5 and you need to list this.
Also, there have been reports of price switching, where the final price will change. We are giving most sellers the benefit of the doubt that this is accidental, but it still cannot be allowed. You should also always list the correct price that you sell for on your Amazon page.

4) Discount Amount
Please make sure that you are giving a very attractive discount amount. This is a deals site for product reviewers, NOT a wholesale site. We are asking that all sellers give at least a 50% discount on your products. More is preferred, and $1 to free will get you a LOT more product reviewers!

5) Working Customer Support Email
Ensure that you have a working customer support email for any reviewers to contact you at. Problems do happen, and most of our reviewers are awesome enough to email you about those problems when they come up. Make sure that you respond to them when they do, and everyone (including yourself) will end up better off in the end.

I know that most of our sellers are super awesome, sell great products, and follow Amazon's rules. We thank you for your awesomeness, and you should have less competition in the Review Club now :)

For any sellers who had products disabled, please just correct the problems and make sure they don't happen again and all will be well again.

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Hi, what if we edit all of the promotions and will they be released automatically? Or we need to contact you guys to restart our promotion?
  • Wow! Thanks, AMZ Trader!
  • @Nick You can start them again yourself once the problems are fixed. Thanks
  • ChristyChristy
    edited October 2015
    Great changes, thanks. Are there any plans in the work for a tool for reviewers to report a seller if the item is being listed against the above, or should we email the support, or what? Obviously I don't want to apply for some things just to be able to report them, but certainly on the UK site at the moment there are a lot of items that still break the pricing/discount rules stated here.

I would be quite happy to spend some of my time going through the listings for you to help identify the existing problems; but have no easy way to report the findings.
  • @Christy At the moment you can just let us know here. As we speak, we are working on a way for reviewers to let us know immediately once they spot something fishy. Should be ready soon-ish.

Thanks!
    Hey Everyone, full of both happiness and sadness I have moved on from AMZ Tracker. If you need anything hit up Support@AMZtracker.com for help.
    Thanks!

Travis Jamison Supremacy SEO's Link Building Service

• Is there a way to ensure reviewers buy asap when approved. As sellers sometimes we increase and decrease prices randomly. This is not a way to trick reviewers to pay more or anything like that but it happens. So reviewer Please when approved , take advantage and buy. You can hold off for a better deal a few days later or but there are no guarantees. its just one on those things. If there is a way to require reviewers to make purchased immediately that will help.
  • Good question @king
    We insist that they all purchase within 48 hours. Not all of them do, but there unfortunately is nothing else we can do for that minority.
    Hey Everyone, full of both happiness and sadness I have moved on from AMZ Tracker. If you need anything hit up Support@AMZtracker.com for help.
    Thanks!

• Just wondering- can we do Promotions on only FBM inventory to reserve our original FBA inventory?

We've been doing promotions for FBM inventory for a while - and we get a lot of emails from customers saying code doesnt work because they keep on aiming to buy the FBA inventory- and we did wrote it down to ask them to select FBM inventory (we even priced it differently)
  • @Travis_Jamison Kuteck is back to the same 5 bucks for shipping their dollar store items again.
  • Personally I have had nothing but a good experience with Travis and team. I run into issues all the time and they are great about it. As a seller and a reviewer this is the BEST place to be.
  • king said:

Is there a way to ensure reviewers buy asap when approved. As sellers sometimes we increase and decrease prices randomly. This is not a way to trick reviewers to pay more or anything like that but it happens. So reviewer Please when approved , take advantage and buy. You can hold off for a better deal a few days later or but there are no guarantees. its just one on those things. If there is a way to require reviewers to make purchased immediately that will help.

King I agree reviewers should act in a timely manner but it goes both ways. If a seller is going to approve an older request after a price or promo has changed then they should toss out all requests prior to the change and focus on new requests with the correct information.

I am both a seller and a reviewer and I approve this message haha
  • Zeta said:

@Travis_Jamison Kuteck is back to the same 5 bucks for shipping their dollar store items again.

Banned them this time.
    You're my hero man.
  • is it possible to coupon hoard ? ie what happens when reviewer who are approved for coupons don't purchase at all?
  • edited October 2015
    2tech is really good at providing images of other peoples products when posting and they all drive back to the same phone case. They have a different email address on each listing that goes nowhere and most reference the other sellers they are stealing info or images from. I have tried every means necessary to warn them this doesnt work but no no avail. I just sent reports in on 3 or more listings. I am sure they are getting free products here and re posting them in amazon for sale also which has to be against the terms... Main listing is "iPhone 6s Case - 2TECH Thin Soft TPU Crystal Clear Slim Fit Cases" @Travis_Jamison

*Just found another one using a "Spigen" screen protector image. It drives back to the same case listed above. It also has yet another email address that is bogus.

Make that 6 listings today alone I have found!
  • @Ryan_McArthur Do you mind sending us an email to support@amztracker.com with a little more info about what you mean? I don't really understand what you're saying.

Thanks
    Thanks!

• @Ryan_McArthur Do you mind sending us an email to support@amztracker.com with a little more info about what you mean? I don't really understand what you're saying.

Thanks

I did last night on a couple.... I got a reply from one of your staff that they would look into it. If you need more I can find several of the approval emails showing the issues.
  • Looks like another 3k have now been listed.
  • Fenix said:

Looks like another 3k have now been listed.

What @Fenix ?
    Thanks!

• What about this seller? https://www.amzreviewtrader.com/product-page.php?id=271664. I love all the products they add but I can get the same stuff elsewhere for cheaper, without a discount. They add so many things too that it feels like they are influencing other sellers.
  • FenixFenix ✭✭
    edited October 2015
    @Travis_Jamison - def the seller that Kati has called out above, npt to mention the pages of items priced at $10+ that I have actually seen at dollar stores this week.... if you are able to make no other change, can you make a "Ships From" filter available? If I could limit what I see to just FBA items I could eliminate 95% of the ridiculously priced junk that has invaded this site and that I can only imagine will get progressively worse as we come closer to the holidays and actually give me attention and efforts to sellers that are taking this concept seriously because honestly, I am willing to pay to purchase items and I have reviewed hundreds of items in the past couple months but the overflow of um... less than desirable items that that have permeated the site even since your purge have resulted in me being bored after a page or two and brought my requests to a near standstill and I am not the only one.

Seriously... there is a Disney Hanna Montana bag on here? Pure liquidation crap.
  • Just scrolling the first page of the newest gives tons of stuff with like 30% off over inflated prices. I wish there was a way you guys could have their actual amazon price show because a ton of sellers mark them incorrectly on here and really only offer like a 10% discount. I'm also coming to a stand still as it gets tiresome wading through this junk to see legit sellers wanting reviews instead of suckers.
  • @Zeta - not sure which is more interesting... the discount or the way that random words from the English language were thrown into a bag and dumped into paragraphs to form what I can only assume was supposed to be a description. The crappy photoshop job is fun too... because how better to show off your amazingly cool product than to say.. "You didn't think we were actually going to screw up our car with this, did you?"

But seriously... it's just a whole new twist on a 1cent sale. ;)
  • This one take the cake, although he's desperate to make a sell, he's being honest about his pricing!
  • Zeta said:

@Travis_Jamison Kuteck is back to the same 5 bucks for shipping their dollar store items again.

Banned them this time.
    So then how did they just list 25+ new items??
  • @quirkybeeper Because they are now listing everything at the correct price as you can see
    Thanks!

• Thanks for doing this!
  • king said:

Is there a way to ensure reviewers buy asap when approved. As sellers sometimes we increase and decrease prices randomly. This is not a way to trick reviewers to pay more or anything like that but it happens. So reviewer Please when approved , take advantage and buy. You can hold off for a better deal a few days later or but there are no guarantees. its just one on those things. If there is a way to require reviewers to make purchased immediately that will help.

I've had (several times recently) situations where I go to immediately buy the product and Amazon has it listed as an add-on, so I can't purchase it. There's been one case where a week later it changed to regular shipping, and the code was still valid, so I was able to purchase it. The rest of the time the code expired before Amazon changed it. Not that that's always the case!

I think it should go both ways, though. If we're expected to purchase within 48 hours, I think sellers should have to approve or deny buyers within a specific time frame, instead of us being left hanging indefinitely for weeks or months sometimes.
  • The culling has helped but there is still a lot of abuse. Like this listing from the "READ DESCRIPTION BEFORE APPLYING" seller, where Amazon is the only actual seller, and it is a Disney licensed item:

https://www.amzreviewtrader.com/product-page.php?id=288194

This seller denies everyone with a few seconds of applying, they must have some algorithm hooked up, not sure what they get, it looks like they are driving clicks and making something off of that.
  • @Ryan_McArthur this exact same thing happened to us..
    I saw one of our products listed at a lower price than we were selling it for.. I was like wtf?

Same listing info, same product, same pics, different seller. Took me over one week for amazon to take it down. I still don't understand to this day what was going on and how can they sell my product.

Unless like you says its a very lame way to make a few sales getting vouchers from here. but it actually showed up in AMZ like I was selling loads of products at this crazy low price.

I was a bit baffled. but let it go once Amazon took it down.
  • New Scammer showed up tonight:

https://www.amzreviewtrader.com/product-page.php?id=216437

Was approved applied coupon code and

Items: $7.99
    Shipping & handling: $3.99
    Promotion Applied: -$2.40
    Total before tax: $9.58
    Estimated tax to be collected:* $0.00
    Order total: $9.58

That's not free