Hey guys, here is a breakdown on how to make sure your listings are good to go.
In case you missed it, we have a product optimizer tool here
to optimize your products for high rankings. It takes the guess work out of it, but please read this post as well!
A. Product Title
Your product title is usually the first thing users see, and one of the key things affecting your amazon ranking. It should contain the right combination of targeted keywords to boost your rankings and clear enough sales verbiage to get users to click your
link. To create a compelling product title:
1. Use as many exact keywords as possible, while still having it sound natural to the reader.
For example, if you’re trying to rank for "laptop stands” and “elevated laptop stands” you may want to include both phrases in your title.
2. Ensure title is compelling to increase click through rates.
Your title should be so good that your customers HAVE to click through to see the listing. Not only do you want customers to click your listing in hopes of buying your products, but the higher your click through rate, the higher your rankings are going to be. Example of a poor product title:
Laptop stand. Silver. Lightweight. Example of a product title including benefits of product:
THE #1 Rated Laptop Stand in the World. Silver Finish, and Incredibly Lightweight. Even better example using “longtail” keywords:
THE #1 Portable Laptop Stand in the World. Silver Finish. Best Lightweight Stands For Notebooks & Laptops In Existence. Highly Durable and Loved By All.
Here you can see that we targeted all of the following phrases:
• Laptop Stand
• “stand” and “stands”Tip:
Don’t be afraid to make your title extra long. Titles can be up to 500 characters, and while this may seem silly it's great for SEO.
*Edit* - Now only 200 characters in most departments
Now that users have clicked through to your listing, sell them on the benefits using strategically written bullet points. Optimized bullets also help you rank better with Amazon.
• Capitalize the main keyword or phrase at the beginning of each bullet point. (Draws attention & easier to read).
• Use as many keywords as possible. Use both singular and plural forms.
• Use long-tail keywords and phrases.
• Use this section to cross-sell and up-sell.
ex: "Use in combination with PRODUCT X for best results"
ex: "Buy 3 bottles and immediately save 15%"
• You can also down-sell your competition.
ex: "Our Product X has been proven to outperform THEIR PRODUCT Y"
*** This puts your competition's keyword in your description for ranking purposes ***
Do not underestimate the power of good images, both from a selling position and for ranking. Ensuring you have high-res images that attract your visually-inclined customers is vital.
• Use at least 6 images (you have up to 9). Note: Amazon DOES rank higher for more images used.
• Use as many high resolution images as possible (1000 x 1000) This is the minimum size necessary to allow the “zoom” on your pictures.
• Be sure your images LOOK GOOD. Invest in high res photos and use photoshop if necessary.
• Include images of product, label, trust sources ("Made in USA"), guarantees, etc. Tip:
If you're not proficient in photoshop, use Canva.Com or PicMonkey.com to edit and create compelling images.
D. Product Description
While the Bullets are often where customers confirm they are interested in the product, the description is usually where the sale is made. Be sure to use this section to reaffirm why your product is the best, most trustworthy option.
• Use the exact search string.
• Make sure your description is 1000+ characters. Use this chance to get as many variations of your keyword as possible.
• Reiterate benefits of your product and address potential objections. Find the pain point and explain why your product is the solution.
• Include common uses, ingredients (if applicable), warranty information, etc.
• Use basic HTML to guide the reader through your content and make it easier to read.
E. The back end information
Optimizing the information in the backend of your product listing is integral to getting your listing in front of interested buyers. Be sure to include ample and accurate information in all the seller backend fields:Backend Places For Information (Use every available spot that you can within reason):
• Search Terms
• Intended Use
• Target Audience
• Other Attributes
• Subject Matter
• Colors, Flavors, dimensions
• Safety warning
Amazon users are highly influenced by reviews, and it's important for sellers to prioritize getting good reviews, and responding to poor ones. How to get 5 star reviews for your product:
• Have a great product. Seems obvious, but it's true.
• Use the review network to incentivize reviews. This is helps you to get incentivized, un-biased reviews from vetted reviewers.
• Ensure you have at least 15 reviews with an average rating of 4 stars or higher
• Respond to bad reviews ASAP (You can get notified with AMZ Tracker's review monitoring system).Tip:
Be liberal with your refund policy.