Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it better to group the same products with...

different colors under a parent product or should we they be listed individually? I have a product that has different colors and they each color is separately listed. I like to know if I should make the best seller one parent and make the rest of the colors child. Will it help improve ranking? What do you think the outcome would be?

Thank you.

Comments

• IMO you should use parent/child variation if it's color. otherwise you have to optimize 4 listings instead of 1.
  • SammySammy ✭✭
    I think it's better to group them when it makes sense. You compound the benefits of ranking one listing, or getting a best seller badge, or having good reviews.

The main benefit is the conversion rates - say you've got 200 reviews for colour blue then release a different colour. That new product will still show on it's own product page and the search results as having 200 reviews. No buyers pay that much attention to this, and to top it of any further reviews go into the total amount for all the variations.

Not to mention piggybacking off the main listings traffic, if you've ranked one well, shoppers will land on that and will see all your other variationsso the opportunity to cross-sell or encourage multiple purchases increases.

The sellers in my niche all do this even with two completely different styles of the product where it doesn't make sense, but it must increase conversion for the second product so people still do it.
  • Thank you, that was very helpful.