Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Variations and Sales Rank

constantineconstantine ✭✭
edited July 2015 in Amazon SEO
Hi all.

I have an existing product that sells well. I added another color and merged them under one parent as color variations.
Everything worked and reviews are showing for both variations...

However, first color sold out (temporarily with more on the way) and I noticed that the new color is not showing for any of the well ranked keywords, even though it is in stock. What this seems to imply is that each variation is pulling it's own sales rank and keyword ranking... So adding variation does not give a sales rank boost to the new item, but simply helps on the conversion side of things by lending existing reviews and displaying the new variation next to the old one... But as soon as the old one is gone, so is the new item...

Does it mean that separate work is needed to boost the sales rank and KW standing for each variation with separate promotional campaigns, reviews, Super URL etc? How does it work technically with AMZ Tracker, since each product is showing the parent item?

I know I am kind of answering my own question here, but can anyone confirm to me that this is the case? Advise?

Thanks

Constantine

Comments

• Hi,

In my opinion, you need to know clear about the variations of different category.
    For sports and clothing,
    All chind ASINs share all reviews and rank. So there is only 1 rank for the whole variations.
    For example: item A has 5 variations which are A1, A2, A3, A4, A5.
    So in these 2 category, these 5 listings share 1 rank and all reviews.

But for other category, such as consumer electronics. Each ASIN has his own reviews and rank. No matter if you split or merge them. The reviews and rank will always follow it all the time.

I hope you are clear about that..