Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do sellers look for in a reviewer?

AxcenAxcen
edited August 2015 in General
Hello, I joined AMZ Review Trader about 2 days ago, and all of my review requests are still pending. I am wondering if there are any specifics sellers look at before choosing their reviewers. Thanks for your time!
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• edited August 2015
    Check out these videos on AMZ Review Trader to get a better idea about how things work.

http://blog.amzreviewtrader.com/july-updates/
  • null
    Thanks! My only question is how do newer people get the opportunity to review products if sellers only want people with 500+ reviews? I only have 1 review, but it is HQ.
  • @Axcen

Apply for products that you might not even be interested in and keep leaving high quality reviews.

I actually don't select reviewers with 500+ reviews because I feel like it will take forever for them to purchase and finally get around to leaving a review. I'll select someone once they have over 15 high quality reviews. Seems like a good enough sample size to get a feel for the reviewer.

One other thing that I would like to see more often is a filled out profile and one that says they are a prime member. I would select someone who has 10+ high quality reviews and prime in a heart beat.

Little tip: Make Prime Member the very first words in your profile because we can only see a few words of it so make it count.
  • If you've made previous purchases on your Amazon account you can write reviews for those past purchases. I believe you can also review items that you did not purchase on Amazon, it just wont have the "verified purchase" above it. You could do that for a few items just so there are a few examples for sellers to see. I only have about 60 reviews and I've had several items approved. When I started it was way less.
  • Perfect Sammy! Reviewers, follow this and all will be good for you.
  • edited August 2015
    Thank you for the tips above. I just joined AMZreviewtrader today and used a few of them to get my profile started. I have written product reviews before in the computer and software industry but never bothered to fill many out on Amazon for my purchases. I will get right on that.
  • "If you have alot of 1-3 star reviews you wont get picked - so if you review for your main account and have a few negative ones, I probably won't pick you. Unless I see they are all old reviews that were actual purchases."

^This, +1000. Not really fair, but we as sellers have to protect our asses, especially if we're giving stuff at or below cost. I think it's reasonable to contact the seller if you have any issues with the product to see if they can work out any issues.
  • Does leaving a 4 star review turn off sellers? I get approved on a regular basis, but sometimes I worry about leaving a 4 star review. Some products are good but not 5 star amazing. I would say 80% of my reviews are 5 stars, 7% are 4 stars, and 3% or less are lower reviews.
  • I meant to say 90% of my reviews are 5 stars. Ooops.
  • SammySammy ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    @kovachii I agree %100 - especially if you don't hear back..

There's so much crap/copycats on Amazon that it's a bit of a joke these days. I think most new Amazon sellers gloss over step one in any business of actually offering a quality product.
    Selling shit and relying on gaming the system isn't a long term strategy - but it is what a lot of shit heads 'teach' to newbies.

I've gotten to the point of thinking that you should be thankful if you get a negative but constructive review - even from a review club.

That's the advice people give on making a good Amazon product - to scour competitors reviews and improve on their faults.

So what better way to improve your own products than listening to your own feedback?

The only reviews I cant stand are the obvious shills/fake ones or the one sentence negative reviews that don't offer any advice on what was wrong with it and how it could be improved..

But yes you should definitely contact the sellers first and take into account that some are pretty new to this and trying to make a good product...( I hope anyway...)

I've gotten great feedback from people who emailed me with an issue first and got it sorted with a simple reply.
  • The idea of improving on your competitor's faults by looking at reviews is a brilliant one. I am not an amazon seller but I do have a business, and that's a great strategy.

And grrrrrrrrrrr even as a reviewer I hate seeing those one sentence reviews, positive OR negative. Or reviews where the reviewer copies and pastes the product description. Is it that hard to write one or two decent, original paragraphs that could actually be of some use, to someone?
  • I personally go with a list of pro's and cons. I put each one as a full sentence or more, and try to have 5-6 positives + an overall impression and an introduction. If I can find something that's a minor negative I usually include it but wayyy at the bottom and put why it would likely not be a problem for other people. Like "This is a little big for my hands, but I have really small hands so it should be fine for most people."
  • @Rvgtr2 you said you don't pick reviewers with over 500 reviews because you assume it will take a long time for a review.

That's not necessarily the case -- I have well over 500 reviews, but nearly always leave a review within a week of receipt. (It's unusual when I don't -- either because I was traveling, or the item required more thorough testing.) I often take the time to include photos, too.

It's how I keep myself organized. And, reviewing is a hobby -- I have plenty of time for it!
  • i Generally look for reviewers that have over 30 reviews and their average star rating is five stars.
    I know plenty of people out there write a lot of 5 stars and a lot of 1 stars i just dont want my product have any chance to have the 1 star.
  • I generally look for the following:

- Number of words written (has to be at least 3 or 4 complete sentences, the more descriptive the better)
    - Number of stars given (average of 4 or 5 stars)
    - I also check if they are adding a disclaimer about getting the product at discount - (reviews that are missing this disclaimer while getting the item discounted are at risk of being deleted.)
    A final advice, look at your profile before trying to purchase, if your profile has any of the earlier notes missing, you're at risk of getting not accepted.
    A very simple way to fix your profile, is to review or rewrite some of the earlier products you bought on Amazon and follow the guidelines, your last 5 or 6 reviews matter too.