Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Reviewers Look for in Products to Review.

ZetaZeta ✭✭
Hello I review products on Amazon for a few different companies regularly and I wanted to let companies selling on Amazon looking for reviews of their products what us reviewers look for.

1. Don't make me pay for shipping! I don't use Amazon Prime and when purchasing products for myself I always go over the $35.00 limit for free shipping. Please allow your coupon codes to work with other coupons if your product you need reviews for are under $35.00. That way I can combine your item with another product to review and push the order over the limit. I never ran into this problem before but here on AMZTracker I run into it very often.

2. If you want a specific feature of your product highlighted in the review let me know, while I try to be through when reviewing a product, a feature of the product you may want to extol the virtues of may not even be something I thought was important. On the flip side of this a feature you may think was unimportant to consumers may be the feature that stood out to me and I'll extol the virtues of that feature.

3. Give me a reasonable amount of time to craft a good review. It usually takes me about 2 or 3 days after receiving the product to get a review live on the site. This is due to other items I may have that I received first, time for me to familiarize myself with the product and test it out, getting some good pictures or a video showcasing the product's features if applicable and the actual writing of a good review describing how great your product is.

4. Lastly give me a way to contact you with questions I may have. I may have some questions on how to set a product up, I may have received a broken product, or one that slipped by quality control when it shouldn't have etc etc. You don't want this in your reviews and people love hearing in reviews when a seller is quick to respond to consumer problems.

5. Did I do a good job, or would you like something fine tuned? Let me know! My goal as a reviewer is to build a working relationship with you and become a regular reviewer of your awesome products. I'm more then willing to work with you so we're both happy!

I'm sure there's more talking points I could think of given some time, but I feel these are the most important issues for reviewers themselves. I know sellers trying to get reviews have issues of their own with people trying to scam them etc etc. But these points make your trustworthy reviewers tasks so much easier.

Comments

• I have one to add.
    Please be reasonable regarding your review price. Reviewers put a lot of time and energy into what we do in exchange for deeply discounted and free products. Chances are there is a competitor offering the same product to reviewers for $1. .
  • ZetaZeta ✭✭

I have one to add.

Please be reasonable regarding your review price. Reviewers put a lot of time and energy into what we do in exchange for deeply discounted and free products. Chances are there is a competitor offering the same product to reviewers for $1. .

To be honest I'm use to receiving all my products for free.
  • I was referring to the products listed here on ART.
  • ZetaZeta ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Ignore this post, I missed the edit button at first.
  • ZetaZeta ✭✭
    Zeta said:

I was referring to the products listed here on ART.

Understandably as this is the only place I've seen do that. I just wanted to let Seller's/Manufacturers know that that is not the norm. Especially seeing several hundred dollar items here for 5 bucks off. Nobody is going to pay to review that.
  • Hey @Zeta nice post! I definitely appreciate you dropping this in.

And I agree about the users who only offer a few bucks off an expensive product. Some users decided to try and use us as a wholesale outfit, which is not the point of it all. We will be taking care of those soon :)
  • ZetaZeta ✭✭

Hey @Zeta nice post! I definitely appreciate you dropping this in.

And I agree about the users who only offer a few bucks off an expensive product. Some users decided to try and use us as a wholesale outfit, which is not the point of it all. We will be taking care of those soon :)

Thank you, I'm not an expert reviewer by any means (only in the 30,000's for rankings) but I've been doing reviews for a few months now so I guess I have some insight. I appreciate the good news on the wholesale outfit aspect and I feel that will make me and other reviewers feel more comfortable here.
  • Hey @Zeta nice post! I definitely appreciate you dropping this in.

I am thrilled to hear this as well. I am a pretty experienced reviewer and blogger, ranked 7,900, and I have found that the prices on some products, here and Snagshout, to be excessive to say the least. I am ready to see the spots that those sellers occupy filled with products and sellers truly seeking reviews.
  • ZetaZeta ✭✭
    Just bumping this, I'm seeing more and more sellers not allowing their codes to be used with others and well they are losing out on reviews.
  • I don't mind paying a few bucks for something that catches my eye or interests me. Granted I don't expect these sellers or companies to hand everything over for free. But help us out a little. I do this in my spare time when I am not working 50-60hrs a week at my job. I can't afford to sit around all day and review items....that would be awesome, but my life doesn't work that way. I really enjoy some of the products I've gotten off here and I use them daily.

I have a question about some of this stuff we get. I know we are forbidden from reselling it. I understand that and would never do it. But is it against ToS to give it away? You know, kinda like pay it forward to someone. There are people way less fortunate than I am. I would like to cheer us someone's day or help someone out who is in need or can't afford much. Is that a big no-no also?? I wouldn't think of ever selling any of it, nor have I given any of it away. But I was just curious if that was allowed.
  • I have this same question. I don't see any indication of a rule, but apparently there are sellers that just don't want second hand reviews.