Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a tool to help you find what keywords you are ranking for?

Hi, is there a tool that will find out what keywords you are ranking for?

Comments

• ........amztracker.......
  • Hi Justin, I have amztracker but I have to put in keywords to see how I am ranking but that means I need to know what keywords to track first. What I'm asking is if there's a tool to tell me what my products are ranking for w/o me guessing which and add them to track. Any idea?

Thanks
  • No, there is no exact keyword tool for Amazon. I suggest using several different keyword search tools and then entering them into amztracker. For instance, I had several hundred keywords mapped out for my product and competitors and obviously my account only accepts 110 keywords..I upload as many as I can...let them track for a bit and then export the data, clear the keywords and add the next set until I have checked the keyword rankings for all of my keywords. Its a tedious process but gets quicker.
  • Justin, what keyword tool(s) do you use?
  • Google , Amazon , ubersuggest, termexplorer.io are all free. Long tail pro for paid
  • Thanks dude. I'm a big fan of the Google keyword tool, I find all others not as deep and somewhat inaccurate... especially Merchant Words - some of their suggested KWs do not make any sense and people will not search those on Amazon i.e. "online" - why would anyone be searching say "shoes online" when they are on Amazon?

Anyway, I wish there was a good keyword tool for Amazon both for discovering keywords and to track rankings would be a great tool to have. I've ran auto campaigns with big budgets but no luck harvesting keywords there.

Off topic: do you know of any tool/service that can expose how competitors are marketing their products? I'm sure you will agree that for a product to do well, it needs to be promoted on Amazon as well as off Amazon. I'm having a difficult time finding how my competitor is promoting their product on Amazon. Tools like SEMrush, MOZ and other link explorer tools don't reveal links of sites sending traffic to the Amazon page. Unless they are all using email marketing or media buy, I'll like to see what sites they are promoting their products. Any insights here?

Thanks
  • You didn't find any "search terms" from your auto campaigns? How long did you run them for? As far as traffic from outside Amazon, I really have no idea... I would try using similarweb and enter there url or a url where you know they sell their products...similarweb will then tell you where referral traffic is coming from and where they are sending traffic....
  • Thanks dude. I'm a big fan of the Google keyword tool, I find all others not as deep and somewhat inaccurate... especially Merchant Words - some of their suggested KWs do not make any sense and people will not search those on Amazon i.e. "online" - why would anyone be searching say "shoes online" when they are on Amazon?

Anyway, I wish there was a good keyword tool for Amazon both for discovering keywords and to track rankings would be a great tool to have. I've ran auto campaigns with big budgets but no luck harvesting keywords there.

Off topic: do you know of any tool/service that can expose how competitors are marketing their products? I'm sure you will agree that for a product to do well, it needs to be promoted on Amazon as well as off Amazon. I'm having a difficult time finding how my competitor is promoting their product on Amazon. Tools like SEMrush, MOZ and other link explorer tools don't reveal links of sites sending traffic to the Amazon page. Unless they are all using email marketing or media buy, I'll like to see what sites they are promoting their products. Any insights here?

Thanks
  • I've used them but their URL analyzer always comes back with 1 or no backlinks at all and their KWs are weaker than Google. Travis, do you have a different experience?
  • Off topic: do you know of any tool/service that can expose how competitors are marketing their products? I'm sure you will agree that for a product to do well, it needs to be promoted on Amazon as well as off Amazon. I'm having a difficult time finding how my competitor is promoting their product on Amazon. Tools like SEMrush, MOZ and other link explorer tools don't reveal links of sites sending traffic to the Amazon page. Unless they are all using email marketing or media buy, I'll like to see what sites they are promoting their products. Any insights here?
    @captainyee - No tools needed - try searching google for the product name. You'll find any mentions of it and links back to the amazon page. Assuming it's just a private label made for amazon product, I doubt it has much web presence besides reviews etc.
  • Hey Sammy, tried that, no joy. Either there is really no presence (I doubt that given the ranking of this product and that it is private label) or links are not revealed. I've tried tools like SEMrush, Moz and other link explorer tools and got very little to work with. My goal here is to find out where/how my competitor is promoting their product by doing link searches but as mentioned, no luck there. I'm thinking if they are promoting in FB then Google doesn't index those links so I've searched w/i FB but also no dice there. I am pretty sure they are promoting offsite perhaps through a few influencers but finding them has been elusive.
  • It's probably just private fb review groups or services like Amz review club - there's 100s out there
  • Yeah that's my conclusion but I'll like to be 100% sure, hate to miss a great untapped channel.