Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Product swap/gifting?

Re-Selling is a pretty obvious no-no, but what about trading or gifting reviewed items? Review swapping? - It won't say verified purchase, but would mean an extra review. Thoughts?

Best Answer

Answers

• This forum is too slow to attempt here, that's not what I was asking. :)

I meant gifting or swapping between family/friends/etc.
  • I disagree. I think it depends on the product. If the sale is for 5 identical items in a set (cables are a popular item), 4 of them are still brand new. Anyway, I will make sure that the people that get my extras won't leave any feedback, just in case.
  • SammySammy ✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Ok so sets of identical items excluded.... what about the 99% of other items sold on Amazon...

My point was that Amazon tracks who leaves reviews on your account and will remove your FB friends reviews, Family members, anyone with a possible financial connection to the product.

If you are getting multiple unverified reviews from a group of related people it's a massive red flag that you may in fact be abusing the review system which from my understanding is for people who have purchased the product themselves.

So as a seller I
    A: don't want unverified reviews anyway.
    B: Don't want reviews from people who are all related in some way. Either family members or groups of FB friends.
  • ducky.cbducky.cb
    edited August 2015
    I found a group that trades their review products on Facebook. They all got discounted or free items to review them, so all item values are about the same. Based on only two peoples' input from this thread, I don't really know what to think.