Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Estimated Monthly Volume - How Accurate?

he3he3
edited September 2015 in AMZ Tracker Tools
Just noticed this in AMZ Tracker Rank Tracking under the keywords.

Has anyone paid much attention to these numbers and, if so, how accurate do you think they are?

I'm extra interested in anyone who has targeted a keyword, pushed their way up to the first page of that keyword and then experienced increased sales.

If such a person exists in this forum, what was the estimated ranking (approx) and what happened to your sales when you got to page one of that keyword (units sold per day/week compared to how you were doing before you hit page one)?

A lot of times these volume estimates seem to be much more guess than fact, so I'm curious how accurate these seem to be (if they are) and why you say they are.

Would love for AMZ to weigh in on how the number is calculated too.

Amazon e-tailer

Comments

• SammySammy ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    It's the monthly average of the last 12 months of Google.com searches for that keyword - taken from their Keyword Planner Tool. You need an Adwords account to login I think. Typically people use this info when ranking webpages in Google.

You can find the current months search volume in their keyword planner tool - but I'd consider it more of an estimate than an exact number. Amazon doesn't make their search volume numbers public, but merchantwords gives estimates using a few sources.

I think it's more useful as a benchmark than an exact number, to see what language people are using and which keywords to target. There might be a few surprises and easy targets that no one in your niche is really competing for.

Also keep in mind any questions or informational keywords would be much different on Amazon search compared to Google - so don't get excited if you can rank for a high volume keyword that has no buying intent.
  • Thanks @Sammy. That explains it.
    And yes, there's definitely a big intent gap between Google and Amazon, just by virtue of the platforms themselves. Googlers are looking for info and may or may not be intending to buy, where as on Amazon it's more often the opposite.
    Sure wish Amazon made search data available somehow. I'll not be holding my breath on that one, of course.
    It's just that I find Merchantwords data to pretty much never changes, which makes it highly speci
    Amazon e-tailer
  • It would be a nice feature if AMZ Tracker could post volume for keyworks when they provide a list of suggested keywords. I think that make make the keywork selection process a more informed decision making process
  • lmack23 said:

It would be a nice feature if AMZ Tracker could post volume for keyworks when they provide a list of suggested keywords. I think that make make the keywork selection process a more informed decision making process

It's just not possible to generate the volume as we show "suggestions". You would need to keep adding it to your account first.
  • When tracking keywords on amazon.co.uk, is the volume figure still taken from Google.com or Google.co.uk? Thanks
  • as much as how different amazon's search engine is different from google, wouldn't it make more sense if we could see the search volume for amazon instead of google?