Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big discount Giveaway,but a few reviewer requests

We set many listings Giveaway,But just received several reviewer requests, for example,the sale price is 19.99USD,we set the giveaway price 1.99USD, 50units, but just received 8 requests in the passed three days. what should i do?

Comments

• I think, and I could be wrong, that many reviewers are getting discouraged because of prices on here. I am happy to review any free item or 1.00 item (if I'm interested), but I wouldn't pay over a buck unless it was something I wanted anyway. Does that make sense? That's not to say your item isn't worth the money, but most people aren't going to pay much of anything for something they don't really want or need just so they can review it.

For instance, I would happily get a water bottle for free or for a few cents, try it out, and leave a detailed picture review that would most likely help the seller. But I would not buy one for 1.99 to review, because I already have a million water bottles.

Also a lot of people browse from lowest price to highest, and probably don't even make it to 1.99. I know I don't. Unless I am actually searching for something I really want or need, I stop at a dollar.
  • It depends on the items. I see an influx of supplements like fish oil or fat loss items.
    Also, I see items that are overpriced, or the discount is not substantial.

As for me, I would pay more than a dollar for items that I need. A lot of reviewers
    won't pay more because they are spoiled by other sites that offer items for free or
    under a couple of dollars.
  • I will pay more than 1.00 if it is something I have been wanting to buy anyway or something I really think I would like to use. I payed 10.00 for a ring I thought looked really nice. However, most of the items I apply for are Free-2.00. Maybe I am spoiled, but if I am going to write an unbiased review and try a product to find all of it's good points to write about, then it needs to be very low cost or something I needed to buy anyway. I don't see any sense in collecting items I have no use for. I just feel like my reviews will be better if I'm reviewing an item I want and plan on using more than once.
  • I think you item may have fallen victim to 2 different things.

If reviewers are searching according to items most recently listed, there has been an influx of shamelessly overpriced items (I don't mean $2,50, I mean $25 for something not worth $5) that it gets a little frustrating to go thru after a while and at least two of the sellers of these things will load a couple pages worth at a time. So items may b getting caught up in the frustration of junk.

The second is that is your item is listed at $1.99 and buyers are sorting according to price, as you have seen, many stop at $1 so they are not seeing it. Those people that did request are the hardcore members... make sure their codes work :) (4 of 5 items I was approved for in the past 3 days had bad codes and personally, when that happens, rather than taking time to email sellers and now beg for the privilege to pay for something that I don't actually need, I see it as a sign that I shouldn't be spending that money anyway)

The other way that I look for items is via catagories (I like sports related and kitchen related so I could choose to see items only in those sections but today that option disappeared.

I was wondering when the legit sellers would start seeing the effect of the influx of abusers (those that see this is as marketplace rather than a marketing tool), I think your experience may be signifying that it's now.

• SammySammy ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    $1.99 is kinda high for a $19.99 item, and if it's something super niche then likely people just don't want it.
    Like a very particular type of supplement or a product that's doesn't have a broad appeal.
    Or maybe it's already all over the place for 10c from other sellers.

PS. The LOWER your price, the BETTER reviews tend to be in my experience.
    This is because the reviewers that take it seriously and write proper reviews won't waste their time paying for something when they know they can probably get it for 10c in another review group.

Since reducing the price of mine I get 10x the amount of reviewers apply and can have the pick of the bunch ;)

Also - has anyone noticed how large amzreviewtrader is lately? There's sooooo much to choose from, like the others said. I doubt your product is even getting seen.
  • Fenix said:

I was wondering when the legit sellers would start seeing the effect of the influx of abusers (those that see this is as marketplace rather than a marketing tool), I think your experience may be signifying that it's now.

Yes, I agree. Sometimes, I feel like I'm wading through a flea market. lol Half of the items here people has no interests imo.

• Saying people are spoiled by other review groups is a bit much. I see it as being paid for my time. If I'm taking the time to take pictures, make a video, or write a lengthy review, I expect to receive something for my time, I.E. the item I'm reviewing. I will sometimes pay up to $1.50 for an item, but that is rare.
  • Sammy said:

Also - has anyone noticed how large amzreviewtrader is lately? There's sooooo much to choose from, like the others said. I doubt your product is even getting seen.

The problem is soooooo much of it is crap. Barely any discount at all or phone cases/holsters.
  • i agree a product for review should be free. and the profit for the seller is the review..
    i understand thay they're skeptical giving away free products!? but they get more reviewers. many other sites have products for free that here are paid... we do you think
    we are going to requested ?? here that is paid ? or on babafuck that is free???
    why pay for something that maybe looks so great on the pic and then is just junk??

a free product is our payment for the review..
    that's why amazon do not allow us (reviewers to get paid for reviews)

• First to the original poster. As many have posted here, items are typically viewed in two ways; lowest to highest, most recently added.

Because of the amount of items listed below a dollar, it can take a reviewer quite a bit of time to scroll through all the items to select products to review. Also previously stated, some sellers are blasting 50 items using this site as a market place and flooding the first 20 pages with items that are not worth the value asked
  • I would love to be able to sort by Newest and Lowest at the same time in a specific category.

Home & Kitchen>Newest First>Price:Lowest First