Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disclaimer for discounted products

I left a question on another post, but could someone tell me where in the Amazaon guidelines it states a reviewer has to add a disclaimer if the product was received at a discount? I can only find disclaimer requirements for a products received free of charge. Discounted and free of charge are not the same....

Comments

• Paid Reviews – We do not permit reviews or votes on the helpfulness of reviews that are posted in exchange for compensation of any kind, including payment (whether in the form of money or gift certificates), bonus content, entry to a contest or sweepstakes, discounts on future purchases, extra product, or other gifts.

The sole exception to this rule is when a free or discounted copy of a physical product is provided to a customer up front. In this case, if you offer a free or discounted product in exchange for a review, you must clearly state that you welcome both positive and negative feedback. If you receive a free or discounted product in exchange for your review, you must clearly and conspicuously disclose that fact. Reviews from the Amazon Vine program are already labeled, so additional disclosure is not necessary. Read more about promotional content.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201602680