Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reviews after purchasing product with discount code VS paying full price

AlexTrentAlexTrent
edited October 2015 in General
I believe a full price purchased product review VS a review of a product which generated little to no profit for Amazon (coupon code purchase) would help more with rankings.

Also of course a full price purchase itself should help rankings more than a discounted/coupon code purchase.

I would like to hear others opinions.

Also would there be a way when I request reviewers to send them the money to actually pay for the product instead of sending them a discount code?

How would reviewers feel about this?

Comments

• Sending money instead of a promo code or the product itself is blatantly against Amazon's rules and can get you, the reviewer, or both banned.
  • AlexTrentAlexTrent
    edited October 2015
    Thank you for the info. I actually just looked up the Amazon TOS and it seems that even offering at a discount fpr a review can get you banned as well.

• mtmirrormtmirror
    edited October 2015
    Discounts are OK, and Amazon has said so.

It's just that the reviewer has to have the item "up front" (that's Amazon's phrase) -- meaning you can't reward them (with money, refunds or freebies, etc) after they have the item.

Gift cards are also not allowed, because unlike a discount (whether partial or complete) it's a form of payment.

You can only send the product to the reviewer directly or give them a promo code so they can purchase it at a discount.

If discounts weren't OK Amazon wouldn't allow you to create promo codes. :-) Also, Amazon says in their reviewer guidelines that reviews items received free -- or purchased at a discount -- must include a disclaimer clearly stating that. So discounts are just fine.
  • "I believe a full price purchased product review VS a review of a product which generated little to no profit for Amazon (coupon code purchase) would help more with rankings."

reviews don't effect rankings - but you are right that a full price sale should effect rankings more than a coupon/promo would - as it's making amazon money
  • mtmirror said:

Discounts are OK, and Amazon has said so.

It's just that the reviewer has to have the item "up front" (that's Amazon's phrase) -- meaning you can't reward them (with money, refunds or freebies, etc) after they have the item.

Gift cards are also not allowed, because unlike a discount (whether partial or complete) it's a form of payment.

You can only send the product to the reviewer directly or give them a promo code so they can purchase it at a discount.

If discounts weren't OK Amazon wouldn't allow you to create promo codes. :-) Also, Amazon says in their reviewer guidelines that reviews items received free -- or purchased at a discount -- must include a disclaimer clearly stating that. So discounts are just fine.

YOU are the MAN! Or woman can't tell. Great info thank you!
  • Sammy said:

"I believe a full price purchased product review VS a review of a product which generated little to no profit for Amazon (coupon code purchase) would help more with rankings."

reviews don't effect rankings - but you are right that a full price sale should effect rankings more than a coupon/promo would - as it's making amazon money

EXCELLENT!

Thank you very much for your help.