Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Amazon Stop The Use of SuperUrl's ?

Hi You All.
This is my first post - I'm concerned because of all the changes on Amazon the past few weeks.

the most recent one I saw - we can't find the emails of reviewers on the amazon site like we use to - they replaced it with a "Send Email" link that don't work - and we can't use Super Url's anymore (" we believe that Super URLs are an attempt to manipulate Amazon’s search algorithm") I'm not sure how they would track who is using SuperUrls - and who is not - I was thinking of using AMZ tracker to build Super Urls but now I'm scared it could have a negative impact?

Amazon is also suing review sites left right and center 'm glad that the fake reviews will stop - But we still need reviewers who will review and test products for us.

Amazon also changed the product display page - the 5 bullet points are hidden and most of the description is hidden. I'm wondering if we still benefit from trying to post keyword rich bullet points and descriptions?

I'm wondering What is your take on this? And what do you think we need to do different to grow our Amazon Business?
Thanks for your time :)

Comments

• akkkkkk the sky is falling the sky is falling!(!*!!!*(!*R#ER( lol ok maybe a bit harsh but relax man/woman

Please link all of us to where Amazon says no more Super URLs.

• Amazon has not said anything about not using Super URLs, but if they ever did we would gladly comply and stop using them. It wouldn't be the end of the world.
  • You can see the current version of the policies if you are logged into to Seller Central by visiting this link:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/help.html?itemID=200386250

This page is one of many that describes how Amazon Marketplace Sellers are to behave. It is an explicit list of things sellers should not do. The two changes are:

Under the section for “Misuse of Ratings, feedback, or reviews” the sentence in bold was added:

Reviews are important to the Amazon Marketplace, providing a forum for feedback about product and service details and reviewers' experiences with products and services — positive or negative. You may not write reviews for products or services that you have a financial interest in, including reviews for products or services that you or your competitors sell. Additionally, you may not provide compensation for a review other than a free copy of the product. If you offer a free product, it must be clear that you are soliciting an unbiased review. The free product must be provided in advance. No refunds are permitted after the review is written. You may not intentionally manipulate your products' rankings, including by offering an excessive number of free or discounted products, in exchange for a review. Review solicitations that ask for only positive reviews or that offer compensation are prohibited. You may not ask buyers to remove negative reviews.

And immediately following, this paragraph was added:

Misuse of sales rank: The best seller rank feature allows buyers to evaluate the popularity of a product. You may not solicit or knowingly accept fake or fraudulent orders. This includes placing orders for your own products. You may not provide compensation to buyers for purchasing your products or provide claim codes to buyers for the purpose of inflating sales rank. In addition, you may not make claims regarding a product's best seller rank in the product detail page information, including the title and description.

As a solutions provider with tens of thousands of sellers using our software--and one of the leading sites that encourages Amazon shoppers to leave product reviews--we pay close attention to these policies and have had users asking us about them. We have been involved with Amazon for many years and believe that any change to its policies is not made hastily. It is likely we’ll soon hear about cases of how Amazon is interpreting these changes, followed by changes in its system and algorithms that will directly and indirectly enforce these policies.

This was copied from:
    http://www.sellerlabs.com/blog/amazon-policy-update