Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A question for reviewers or sellers. How long do you leave requests for?

Sorry if the title isn't very clear. What I am wondering is this: Sometimes I will put in a request and it will sit, and sit, and sit. Eventually I usually give up and cancel my request. A few I have had requests in for more than a week or two. So how long should I leave my requests? Or how long do you approve requests as a seller?

I consider myself a detailed, good reviewer who does photos on nearly every product and in depth reviews. So do sellers just approve who ever requests first or do they slowly drip out approvals? Don't get me wrong I love AMZ and get many approvals but I am just wondering why this is with some requests. PS I am a UK reviewer so not sure if it is different for here compared to the US.
Tagged:

Comments

• edited October 2015
    I have the same question, I have products I requested over a month ago. Do sellers see when my number of reviews on Amazon and my ranking go up?
  • I have the same question, I have products I requested over a month ago. Do sellers see when my number of reviews on Amazon and my ranking go up?

Glad I am not the only one wondering about this. Hope we can get an answer.
  • I got a product approved once that had sat in requests for over two weeks. I think they saw me review another, similar product (cosmetic) and finally decided 'Oh, she can review that kind of thing' and approved me. It was a nice surprise since it had been so long I had forgotten about putting in the request.
  • ChristyChristy
    edited October 2015
    I leave them forever, but more because I am too lazy to go through them and rerequest.
    I am also a UK reviewer. I'm in the top 200s, I write detailed reviews, I provide photos, sometimes a video if the seller really wants it. There's no real reason a seller wouldn't approve me, but I still see a lot of requests just sit there forever - which leads me to think that sellers often either go with just whoever applies first, or whoever they click on quickly when they approve people - rather than actually going through individual profiles or sorting through requests. I think sellers with a low number of expensive items are more likely to go through people manually - but perhaps those sellers are also likely to contact you direct via email than go through a third party service anyway.
  • Thanks Tina and Christy it is always good to hear others experiences. Its a funny old thing how it works maybe we will hear from a seller with some more insight for us all. I do just leave a bunch of requests but eventually after a few weeks just give into deleting the request.

Christy its good to meet another UK reviewer as well and also one who is a top reviewer. Its also good to know that you sometimes don't get approvals also, not that I wish that for anyone but it just shows sometimes even the best reviewers get passed up for a request.
  • Thanks Tina and Christy it is always good to hear others experiences. Its a funny old thing how it works maybe we will hear from a seller with some more insight for us all. I do just leave a bunch of requests but eventually after a few weeks just give into deleting the request.

Christy its good to meet another UK reviewer as well and also one who is a top reviewer. Its also good to know that you sometimes don't get approvals also, not that I wish that for anyone but it just shows sometimes even the best reviewers get passed up for a request.

Yeah which is why I can't feel too bad for requesters who get the "Got item for free thnx 5 stars" reviews. It's all from not doing due diligence in their selection.
  • Exactly Zeta. I think all of us who put time and effort into our reviews are shocked as much as the sellers when we see reports of the "5 star one word reviews". I can't understand people doing that but I guess honesty and a bit of graft isn't how everyone rolls.

That being said I can't imagine the amount of time that might go into say looking at a few hundred profiles if they have a ton of codes to give out. I suppose you would get to the point of just hitting the approve button after a while lol but it would be nice for those that really enjoy and do quality reviews to get the first chance.
  • Exactly Zeta. I think all of us who put time and effort into our reviews are shocked as much as the sellers when we see reports of the "5 star one word reviews". I can't understand people doing that but I guess honesty and a bit of graft isn't how everyone rolls.

That being said I can't imagine the amount of time that might go into say looking at a few hundred profiles if they have a ton of codes to give out. I suppose you would get to the point of just hitting the approve button after a while lol but it would be nice for those that really enjoy and do quality reviews to get the first chance.

Yeah, I wonder if there's a feedback system on the requester's backend to see "Hey this reviewer has done this many reviews, included a video and or pictures X times and averages X words per review" type of thing to aide them in weeding out the shitty reviewers.
  • That would make a lot of sense Zeta. Would be helpful to everyone on both sides, except for the rubbish reviewers lol.
  • I actually got approved for a product after almost 2 months of waiting a while ago. I wasn't going to complain, especially since it was a huge discount ($125 off a tech item.) So I would leave them.
  • I leave mine forever. I do go back once in a while and skim over them though to remove things I no longer want. For example I wanted a spiralizer, so I requested a few. When I got approved for one I unrequested the remaining ones on my list.

I also go back now and then and sort by price. Sometimes the price of an item has gone up, and if that's the case I don't want it any more, so I'll unrequest it. Other than that, as long as I'm still interested in the item, I'll just leave the requests there. I just got approved for something today that I probably requested in my first week on AMZ!
  • Thanks everyone for the responses. Its nice having this community for everyones input. I will be leaving my requests then. As all of you have said.
  • you dont have to cancel- u can have as many as requests you want
  • Thanks Tommy I just am leaving the requests although I have had to cancel a few after they did not work other then that I leave them.
  • Okay another stupid question from myself. I have a few requests that I have left that now when I click on them they come up expired. So I am assuming that it is fine to remove them now or can the seller restart them?
  • Seller here. We may get 50-100 requests a day but chose to only giveaway 20-50 a day. Keep them requested! We'll get to you eventually!
  • Thanks BDS I will do that. Its much appreciated to know your side of it.