Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggested feature for the Reviewer's "Review Requests" page

Would it be possible to get a little check box next to items we can check when we ordered the item? It sometimes gets a little confusing if a lot of approvals come in since the lists doesn't always follow a chronological order.

Comments

• I would love this as well Zeta it would be really helpful as a reviewer :smile:
  • In the meantime if you don't already I can highly recommend a spreadsheet - it has helped me loads with my reviewing.

I have a simple excel spreadsheet that has item, seller, where I received the offer (AMZ, Facebook, Direct Email, etc), price I paid, price the item was listed at, the date I ordered it, the date it arrived, and the date it was reviewed.

Everytime I order an item I quickly add it to the spreadsheet. When an item arrives and isn't reviewed yet, I highlight the cells red so I can quickly see at a glance what my outstanding reviews are, and which ones have priority (sort by date - the ones that arrived first get priority for me usually.)

Once you start receiving offers from multiple sites and sources, it's soooo useful to have a handy reference. I have attached a screenshot (I've removed the item and seller names) as an example. You can see how easy it is for me to open it up in the morning, see what the top two red items are, and instantly know what I need to review today. Once I've reviewed them I'll add the date, review link and remove the highlighting.

It also helps you easily search for things and I think is quicker than searching through the amazon purchase history or review history.
  • @Christy, this is a lot like mine. I use Google Docs because I access it from multiple places. I guess I need to get on Facebook. I wasn't aware there were review opportunities there.
  • Allen_H said:

@Christy, this is a lot like mine. I use Google Docs because I access it from multiple places. I guess I need to get on Facebook. I wasn't aware there were review opportunities there.

Tons and tons! Just search the groups feature for things like amazon, reviews, discount, etc. and there are a lot of product groups. Many of the bigger sellers also have their own facebook groups where they will offer things that are listed on AMZ but sometimes with bigger discounts :)
  • Ha, yes!
  • If you use gmail, you can also use the advanced stars feature to help keep track.

I mark ordered items in green, items I've had to email the seller yellow, and items I report and hide for whatever reason in red. This lets me see at a glance what is still remaining. I also enter stuff into a spreadsheet that auto turns red when a review is late and there's no date entered in the 'review date' column. It's the only way I can keep track.