Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calling All UK Sellers !

edited December 2015 in Amazon SEO
Amazon UK Sellers

EDIT: We are live!

Since this post was first written we have launched the UK review group for Amazon. Visit our UK Amazon Review Group to sign up to review products. Please spread the word!
-------
(the original forum post is below)

My Dear UK Seller Dudes & Dudettes,
I know a lot of you have been patiently waiting for the UK version of the Amazon Review Club. Some of you are using the current version now and still getting a few UK hits, but I know it's not ideal and not as big as you would like.

We want to change this, but we can use your help. Help us help you! It's about time that this existed.

If anyone is willing to help us get this thing off the ground please drop your email here. All you would be doing would be helping us spread the word to some of your friends and family who might be interested as soon as we are ready to launch.

It's a great thing to show people you care about anyway, because the deals on these things are incredible. Everyone loves them!

Thanks!
-Travis

Tagged:

Comments

• We're not ready for this now. But we're very interested in all of Europe later this year, for sure.
  • SammySammy ✭✭
    Not in uk yet, but Interested in amazon.ca
  • We are selling on UK & DE. As your message, we 've been jealous of US-specific Amazon Review Club. we are really interested in this.
  • Likewise. I've actually used the US version of this and it was brilliant. If it could be replicated in the UK it would be hugely impactive. Any idea how long it will be until it's up? Very happy to spread the word to assist
  • Does anyone have a case study (or testimonial) from the US Specific Review Club?
  • We are selling in UK and the rest of Europe. and as you say we are desperate for this service
  • I'm in the process of setting up a UK seller account, so I'm very interested. Does anyone here have experienced getting set up with the UK account? Other than signing up for the UK seller account, are there business filing or other things required for selling in the UK? Or does Amazon handle all that?
  • mhkatz said:

I'm in the process of setting up a UK seller account, so I'm very interested. Does anyone here have experienced getting set up with the UK account? Other than signing up for the UK seller account, are there business filing or other things required for selling in the UK? Or does Amazon handle all that?

Yes, you may need an EU VAT number to get start.
  • Bring it on - first product goes live in the UK next week - when do you plan to launch cos I need you!!
  • Love to use it. I just started listing in the UK. Will be having my products live in a few weeks.
  • How is UK/Europe versus USA Amazon sales? Worth getting into? Amazon keeps on enocouraging sellers to go there... also started telling sellers about going into Mexico... but from my Amazon.ca experience, it may be a money wasting trap... Thoughts?
  • Lets get this going! Been selling for a year in the UK and this would be insanely helpful.
  • Do you have a potential launch date already? B)
  • So when are you guys going live with the UK version ??
  • Yes please! Setting up in UK and going live in 2 weeks...
  • mhkatz said:

I'm in the process of setting up a UK seller account, so I'm very interested. Does anyone here have experienced getting set up with the UK account? Other than signing up for the UK seller account, are there business filing or other things required for selling in the UK? Or does Amazon handle all that?

You need EORI number as well..... also be prepared for the Seller Verification Team.... I recently posted a discussion that went like this...

"Anyone had any experience with getting verified by the UK seller verification team?

I'm trying to establish in the UK as a business and the verification team have been sending me around in circles for nearly two months... asking for the same info again and again, providing conflicting instructions and just randomly starting the process from the start... not to mention no one even the seller support can talk to them.

I've seen lots of similar complaints online and it seems to have originated from new EU Legislation.

Hoping someone has some useful advice to help get over this hurdle as I'm beginning to feel that verification from outside the EU may not happen!"

• Can't wait for a reviewer club to be available in the UK as I do do business there. However, setting up accounts is as frustrating as described above.
  • I am in the same boat with account validation. It's just absolutely bizar. Sending document that don't get accepted. Different people working it, coming back with old questions. And every response takes at least 5 days for them to respond. So back in line without phone or chat support. I am already in week 7 and still not resolved. And my inventory is already in the UK. Terrible service from that team and nobody else can help out.
  • Is there a rough ETA on the UK review club at the moment?
  • We are selling in UK as well as EU. Interested!!
  • We are interested too. I'm working on US sales but a fellow dude is working on UK sales and I know he would love it if the review club expanded to UK and EU.
  • Finally got approved to sell on Amazon UK. The verification process took me 2 months.. Crazy, but ready to go. Inventory and listing are ready, so UK reviews would be really handy ;-)
  • Hey, I'd love to get the review club get started in germany! So contact me and I'm willing to help a lot - we need this service here and amazon.de is huge!
  • hi Micha, I started selling in Germany too. Love to have the review club there as well.
  • Hey guys just wondering how the traffic is on co.uk compared to .com how much different would a BSR of a 1000 be selling on co.uk vs .com?
  • So what are the targets to get the review club going? I've quite some experience in SEO and online marketing and I'm new on amazon.de, and I need stuff like that.
  • hi @Travis_Jamison, As I am on your mailing list for AMZ review trader, I saw you launched the UK review group. That's great. Does this mean that we can already use it and send out codes to UK people?
  • So, when will this be ready? We already sell in the UK (and also in IT, FR, DE and ES)!
  • Hiya!
    I've started emailing some of you right now, and will continue to notify everyone over the next 12 hours.

Excited to get this off the ground!
  • Yihaa, great Travis. Excellent work.
  • Great news!
  • Any movement on this?
  • @gcoxon It's live! Visit the UK Review Group Here. Please ask your friends and family to sign up!

You can post promos here via your AMZ Tracker dashboard.
  • You're the best @Travis_Jamison.

One question: Is there any difference when posting promo's in amztracker? So is there a way to differentiate between US and UK? or will the product link to the UK listing sort this out automatically? thanks, Wim
  • @flow It will automatically link any UK listing to the new UK site. You don't have to do anything (besides make sure that you selected UK when setting up the product in AMZ Tracker the first time)
  • Thx Travis. If you mean selected the amazon UK listing while adding the product (showing the UK flag below the product), then yes I did.
  • Hi @Travis_Jamison, just wondering if the review club also works for Germany. I have my german product added and as far as I see I can just start a promo for Germany. Or are there no germans receiving the promo yet?
  • @flow we have a small handful of Amazon reviewers for .de, but don't count on much.
  • I'm getting a huge number of review requests for the U.S. but very few for the UK. Are the number of reviewers increasing in the UK?
  • @Mark_Bowden
    Yeah the US group is just MASSIVE, while the UK one is slowly picking up steam. We get new reviewers each day, but it's still just a fraction of the US one.

You can help us spread the word some more ;)
  • I am and I will! :) Here's to it's growth!
  • Hi @Travis_Jamison, I see in both UK and German review requests that US reviewers sign up for the promotion. I guess these US persons joined foreign lists, but that would mean that the product would be shipped to the US and reviews would be in english instead of german. Is that correct? Do you recommend not choosing them? regards, Wim
  • Hi @Travis_Jamison, I've just joined AMZ Tracker Community and have signed up for the UK Review site :)
  • Based in UK and selling across all EU amazon platforms and already using the UK reviewers but not many applying compared to USA
  • I am a UK Reviewer and am having trouble verifying my account. Or rather, I have verified my account, but am still being asked to verify when I attempt to login. I am very frustrated and am eager to begin reviewing all the lovely products I can see. Is there a universal issue with the site or is it just me? :-)
  • @Noodle Please email [email protected] and the support team there will be able to get you up and running.
  • @An_Ly thank you for that. I have realised that my problem was browser based. When I used a different browser and set up a new account I received an email different to the emails I received in my old browser. So, if anyone is having a similar problem try that first. My fault for preferring an old browser :smiley:
  • *Bump* Shared this with my UK mates. They will love this opportunity.

EDIT: We are live! Visit our UK Amazon Review Group to sign up to review products. Please spread the word!

• Finished setting up UK seller account. Wondering how to use UK review club, any tutorials? The US review club provided huge help to me.
  • david5451 said:

Finished setting up UK seller account. Wondering how to use UK review club, any tutorials? The US review club provided huge help to me.

@david5451 Glad you liked the US version. The UK review group works exactly the same as the US version. If the product in your AMZ Tracker account is set to the UK, then it will automatically post to that review site. Nothing extra to do :smiley:
  • yes very interested in this. I'm a UK seller.
  • edited December 2015

yes very interested in this. I'm a UK seller.

Awesome! The UK review club is ready for you now. You can visit the UK club here.